Big pipe on Rocket

Yea it ain't no rocket but it has self canceling turn signals,a gas gauge thats perfect,rear breaks that don't lock and a horn that sounds like a 55 cadiliac and a rear tire size thats avail.in all brands.And a dealer thats in town.All parts made in japan.113 c.i.Weights 675 now and Iam working on that.45 mpg and gettin better. BJC

Busa, yes it is my Harley, my go to work bike now, the original "Blackie" Nice looking Raider you got there! I got the Rocket to build up for me and the wife, she got tired of me working on bikes all the time and her never getting to ride. So I promised when I bought the Rocket I would make it into a "tourer" for both of us to ride, but still not a cookie cutter bike. I'm sure not used to installing GPS, Stereo, intercom, CB etc., but I made a promise and she loves riding with me so it serves it's purpose. I truley wish I could just buy a bike and ride it, just can't find one unlike anyone else's like that, plus their never black enough! ;)

drag

regulater---drag race? not w/ that head configuration! look how long # 3 is! great lookin tour bike tho! what country did that come from busa?--john

Wow Snuf,ain't my bike or my style just postin rocket picts.Yellow bike is a good frend from the next city to the south.Ex marine that likes to drink and weld. Hes more fun than eatten bugs.---Lonzol is that your harley? Iam doing one all black like that now to.Though not a Harley. Can't aford. Wilbur if your still lookin for stud service spikes in ND. I can find his address if you want? Iam in touch with him weekly.Yes I miss him.Will get another spike in a few years if Iam still here.I ride the 14 till my eyes are the size of a cheap pizza then get on the Raider and listen to that V twin sound and relax.Wilbur the speedy is a local friend thats the regional coordinator of the run to the wall every year.We are all EX military old farts just trying to hang in there. Take care..Jack
Nothing personal...besides I've been told that all my taste is in my mouth.:D

Lonzol,just lookin at that faring on the rocket again.Have you got any more picts of it. Mabey a side shot? Looks just perfect.Iam getten into the blacked out look lately to.Costs less to do and thats right up my Frugal (read cheap skate) alley. Reg, got both fenders on the way for this winters amusement in the basement. John M what country did what come from ? ME,I came from my mother but she won't admit it. Lonz when I bring a new bike home the first thing I do is remove the rear seat and the wife says now where do I sit and I say In the living room. You'll understand when you get older.Ha Later Jack

Busa,
Here's a side shot, I was real pleased with how the bottom and rounded part of the fairing matched up with the tank. I hear what your saying about the wife and the living room, trouble is that is what I've been saying up to now! Ha! She laid down the law on this one!:eek:

Here's one all packed up for the road.

Later, Lonnie

Busa,
One other question, I'm thinking about building a storage/tool box located where the stock Cat box was. Need to fill in that void, looks funny especially from the left side where I have no exhaust pipe now. Is that what you had on Spike? Looks like you had something there?
Thanks, Lonnie

I had wanted to use that space also just never got around to it. Here you see I just made an alum. piece (black) to kinda cover the starter and uglys down there.Bolted my sunglasses case to the plate to carry small items.Lots of usable space under there.
That faring (and whole Bike) is the best thing I have ever seen. Now you show me this,gona have to get spike back or start over new.So many toys so little time.AHA Jack

Sorry for this pict. again but its the best pict. I've ever had and if this antique puter crashes I can get it back. BJC

Back