Big pipe on Rocket

Wow Jack, thanks, I take that as a huge compliment coming from you after having seen Spike! In July a couple of us may be near Cheyenne on our way to Ohio. May have to hook up and get your opinion on Blackie in person. Who knows, we may get you back on a Rocket yet!!!!!! ;) LOL.

I'm working on my box for where the cat was as we speak. Will post up some more pictures when done.

Lonnie

I'd like some insider pics and details on the mounting of the fairing if you don't mind. I have been thinking about doing a fairng myself. The pipe is a monster, outside of my ability for sure.
Overall the bike kicks Roadglide ass! :kick:
Still waiting.......................................................................................................

P Dad,sorry this guy wasen't here long enough for me to ck. out the instulation.I do know that the glove box doors won't fully open,Hit tank.If this guy can do it it must not be to hard.If ya had a frind with a glide you could take some measurements. If not just go to a Hardly dealer and start measuring.Mabey someone would know where you could get an (AS BUILT)engineering brake down with measurements.Hell just call Hardly.You never know. BJC

Lonz tell us what that textured material is your using.Looks good. Ill be here all summer,no vacations with these fuel prices. Jack

That is just 1/4" ABS plastic. It usually comes textured on one side. Also pretty easy to work, thermoform etc.

Got the storage box made, all I lack is mounting her up as soon as I pull Blackie off the stand. Used the slick side out on the box so it hopefully won't get so dirty, Put a neoprene gasket on the door. Of course I'll have to powdercoat the thumb screw, what color should I use?

Lonnie

Other than the fact it's all in black, I think it looks pretty cool!
I like black paint (I own 3 black motorcycles) but I'm not into blacking everything out. I still like contrasting chrome and polished aluminum.
Fairings have a very useful purpose which goes far beyond styling.
I don't think anyone will mistake that Rocket for a hardly.
I own a Goldwing for times when I want a full fairing, otherwise I would conside a similar fairing for my R3. ;)

Back