Best Tire Size for Handling

I am at shop and bought road type 5 for front, the triumph dealer is not accepting the speed rating...69w...they say I need 72v....where did you get the pdf from
Anyways...so now I have asked him to change the rear...I will ride it home and try to change the front myself....but he was very adamant that you must not go below 72v rating due to weight of the bike ....fingures crossed now, let’s hope I don’t kill myself by having below rating tires upfront.....:)

You are not "going wrong".
Run the tire backwards on the front wheel.
Absolutely the best front tire I have EVER run . . . without a doubt!
I am the son of an Indian Dealer (1947-1953) and was raised around motors. I have been riding since 1950, legal on the road since 1962, and I ride pretty hard in the twisties. This tire (started 2 years ago) inspired so much confidence on this huge motor, I am in awe! Nothing wrong with a good quality 140/75R, but the Road 5 is at least 33% better! Thousands of sport bikes can't be wrong!
How do you run the tire backward? The tire shop does not even get it....does that mean just the arrow on the tire doesn’t matter...it’s the mounting the wheel back on the motorcycle when I have to make sure the arrow is reversed???? Or is there an arrow on the wheel that has to be opposite during tire mounting????

Yes, with malice of forethought, the tech is looking at the empty rim on the tire mounting machine, picks up the new tire, knows the rotation of the rim, sees the directional arrow on the tire, and thinks, "Wait, this customer explicitly wants it to go the "wrong" way. And mounts the tire.

E2CF87C3AA3D34F903981C0CB48C3690_app1_1542318500123_L1800.jpg 98587A37-F9E8-4D0F-B151-3522C273CEC5.JPG

Awesome....love the pictures......pics are better than thousand words.....now my tire guys will definitely get it....

by the way the red strip is the ABS system right?....mine has a black grooved strip , bit different than this....that was on the left side where the ABS sensor is attached....
Does yours red strip side goes on the left side if you look from riding position??? Just trying to figure out to validate if the tire guy does it matching to this....

NICE! :thumbsup:
Sets off your fancy rotors very well! :inlove
Unless we know which wheel bearing is which side, I reckon the pix are unclear regards wheel orientation. :rolleyes:

No ABS. Right and left views of the same rim. Use a piece of colored tape to make sure the tech understands which way the rim will rotate. Take these pics to him.

No ABS. Right and left views of the same rim. Use a piece of colored tape to make sure the tech understands which way the rim will rotate. Take these pics to him.

Thanks a lot for the video....learnt a lot....luckily I had ABS so got it right....now have to install it...and ride it tomorrow

Terrific vid, Ricardo!
I shall be watching more of this guy!
Thanks fot posting.

Back