Best Tire Size for Handling

Terrific vid, Ricardo!
I shall be watching more of this guy!
Thanks fot posting.
So I got my tire back....the front one...luckily the tire shop got it right:)....now I have to put it back....do the spacers need greesing and how much ? Also how do I tell if the rubber sealant around the spacer is in good shape?
Also do I need to use anti freeze on the axle threads? And all other bolts like the brake calipers????

So I got my tire back....the front one...luckily the tire shop got it right:)....now I have to put it back....do the spacers need greesing and how much ? Also how do I tell if the rubber sealant around the spacer is in good shape?
Also do I need to use anti freeze on the axle threads? And all other bolts like the brake calipers????

I lightly grease the axles, but not rhe spacers.
I use anti-sieze only on hi-temp studs & spark plugs.

should be little chance of threads freezing so use ANTI SIEZE NOT ANTIFREEZE

Is the tire pressure suppose to be same as specified on the bars...34 front and 42 rear for exedra and road5 ?
Any suggestions on this?
The dealer who changed Bridgestone exedra set 36 psi on the rear tire saying that that’s what gets more grip....42 mentioned is max????
The guy who changed( another shop) the road five set the front at 36 psi as well???

any suggestions on what to set the tire pressures at????

Any suggestions on this?
The dealer who changed Bridgestone exedra set 36 psi on the rear tire saying that that’s what gets more grip....42 mentioned is max????
The guy who changed( another shop) the road five set the front at 36 psi as well???

any suggestions on what to set the tire pressures at????
Alibi up front: I am not a tire expert. I run the exedra maxes and add 2 psi over max. I do this because it seems to give me longer life from the set. I got 13K plus miles out of the last set of Maxes. The hard center rubber is where most of my riding is. When I do regular curvy road stuff, the area on either side of the harder rubber tends to scallop out more when the tires are at pressure or just below. But when I keep the tires 2 psi higher, the scalloping does not seem to be as noticeable.

Alibi up front: I am not a tire expert. I run the exedra maxes and add 2 psi over max. I do this because it seems to give me longer life from the set. I got 13K plus miles out of the last set of Maxes. The hard center rubber is where most of my riding is. When I do regular curvy road stuff, the area on either side of the harder rubber tends to scallop out more when the tires are at pressure or just below. But when I keep the tires 2 psi higher, the scalloping does not seem to be as noticeable.
....so here is my first ride experience.....it is ****ing(pardon my French but there is no other way to express it:)) out of this world difference than the stock.....the bike just wants to turn itself....I just rode in my neighborhood streets and turns....amazing handling, infact I could not even cope with it....the bike feels really light on the handle than before....it started raining so I had to come back as I was not wearing any gear....here are the things I got done:

rear tire: Bridgestone exedra max(240/55/16) at 42PSI
Front tire: michelin road type 5( installed backward)...extremely thankful to this forum for the guidance....tire pressure at 34psi...

Changed the oil myself for the first time....watched YouTube video for that....

next project is to change the coolant.....

please advise if the tire pressures I set are the optimum ones....I mostly drive mixed...city and freeway....and lovely California curves....

....so here is my first ride experience.....it is ****ing(pardon my French but there is no other way to express it:)) out of this world difference than the stock.....the bike just wants to turn itself....I just rode in my neighborhood streets and turns....amazing handling, infact I could not even cope with it....the bike feels really light on the handle than before....it started raining so I had to come back as I was not wearing any gear....here are the things I got done:

rear tire: Bridgestone exedra max(240/55/16) at 42PSI
Front tire: michelin road type 5( installed backward)...extremely thankful to this forum for the guidance....tire pressure at 34psi...

Changed the oil myself for the first time....watched YouTube video for that....

next project is to change the coolant.....

please advise if the tire pressures I set are the optimum ones....I mostly drive mixed...city and freeway....and lovely California curves....
Took for some slow turns again....exactly where I used to go with stock tires....it used feel like a battle, my elbows, wrists were soar after 30 minutes of ride.....now it was like I was floating, no effort at all to go into turns....

I noticed one thing though, when the dealer set the rear tire pressure to 36 on the Bridgestone exedra it was more gripping....when I took it to 42 it felt more hard tail ride, bumpy on bumps....so now what is this forums consensus on the Michelin+Bridgestone optimum tire pressure for California weather...?????

Took for some slow turns again....exactly where I used to go with stock tires....it used feel like a battle, my elbows, wrists were soar after 30 minutes of ride.....now it was like I was floating, no effort at all to go into turns....

I noticed one thing though, when the dealer set the rear tire pressure to 36 on the Bridgestone exedra it was more gripping....when I took it to 42 it felt more hard tail ride, bumpy on bumps....so now what is this forums consensus on the Michelin+Bridgestone optimum tire pressure for California weather...?????

I think 36 on the rear tire is too low. I have the Cobra Chromes currently but on all the tires I have had on the Rocket I find that 40lbs to the rear and 36 to 37 on the front is best for me. I feel more bumps on the front tire but on the back roads it's so much more 'flickable'. I ride solo and I'm 188 lbs so you may have to try different pressures.:thumbsup:

I think 36 on the rear tire is too low. I have the Cobra Chromes currently but on all the tires I have had on the Rocket I find that 40lbs to the rear and 36 to 37 on the front is best for me. I feel more bumps on the front tire but on the back roads it's so much more 'flickable'. I ride solo and I'm 188 lbs so you may have to try different pressures.:thumbsup:

For me... 40 rear on both the CT and the Exedra. 36 on the front Shinko or Michelin. Shocks Progressives 444 set at minimum.

For me... 40 rear on both the CT and the Exedra. 36 on the front Shinko or Michelin. Shocks Progressives 444 set at minimum.
I still have one question bothering me and that is the load index and speed ratings on Michelin road 5 69W...and the weight of rocket spec don’t match....are there any adjustments that this forum adopted to avoid any failures due to this?????

69W says 325kg...rocket goes on 367kg with out any payload...so with my 180lbs it will go to 367+ 90~ 450ish kg...almost 125kg above the tire limit....???? Am I totally off???

Back