Best Tire Size for Handling

Do what you wish; however, the trail produced by the ½" lift of the Exedra Max and the ½" lowering of the 150/70R17 Road5 or a 140/75R17 combined with even 13" rear shockies produces better handling. I and @Claviger (runs 13" shocks) and other fast riders have tried all the combinations. This is the best found so far.

Bull & OEM.jpg
Thanks for the great info, can you share the links to 13” shocks and T bar links....I will start with tire first, they are pretty expensive....and then go farther if need be

Thanks for the great info, can you share the links to 13” shocks and T bar links....I will start with tire first, they are pretty expensive....and then go farther if need be
Hi,
Just ordered them online, max was for $159 and Michelin was 197....called different shops and the best quote I got is $300 for both tire to change and balance. But he refused to do it cos of any future insurance claims or legal issues....says it is not recommended to have different brand and threads....tried to sell me Michelin that he could order for me......so I told him let’s do it in two different appointments to look like a separate services:) which he agreed.....gunfire’s crossed now.....:)

Hi,
Just ordered them online, max was for $159 and Michelin was 197....called different shops and the best quote I got is $300 for both tire to change and balance. But he refused to do it cos of any future insurance claims or legal issues....says it is not recommended to have different brand and threads....tried to sell me Michelin that he could order for me......so I told him let’s do it in two different appointments to look like a separate services:) which he agreed.....gunfire’s crossed now.....:)

Your man is ill informed. There is absolutely nothing wrong with mixing tire brands.
The motorcycle manufacturers make deals with tire manufacturers to get the best prices.

Your man is ill informed. There is absolutely nothing wrong with mixing tire brands.
The motorcycle manufacturers make deals with tire manufacturers to get the best prices.

yes you are right....I even told him where got a deal and he agreed that no one can beat rock mountain ATV prices....they buy on bulk....by the way, is it too difficult for a new bee like me to get the wheels off the bike????? I saw couple of videos on YouTube, seems like you must have some experience plus the lift and equipment costs about the same price????

yes you are right....I even told him where got a deal and he agreed that no one can beat rock mountain ATV prices....they buy on bulk....by the way, is it too difficult for a new bee like me to get the wheels off the bike????? I saw couple of videos on YouTube, seems like you must have some experience plus the lift and equipment costs about the same price????
Same price as the labor people are charging...?

Not too bad. The front is a piece of cake. Jack it up take it off.
The rear takes more time and is slightly more difficult to put back on. I find an extra pair of feet under the tire used to wedge the wheel up & down, while I finesse the right side spacer back in and finish sliding in the axle helps a lot.

Hi,
That's weird. I could see them making an issue about mounting the road 5 backwards, but I've never once heard about any problems arising from mixing brands or treads.

That's weird. I could see them making an issue about mounting the road 5 backwards, but I've never once heard about any problems arising from mixing brands or treads.

i have another question for all....this guy is a Harley guy....he now agreed to do the whole job of getting tires on the bike....I saw YouTube video where a guy is changing his rear tire and warns about damaging the plastic part of rear hub....should I get it down from a Harley mechanic who has never changed rocket’s rear tire????? Would it be a big challenge or it should be a straight job if he has worked on heavier bikes like harleys....I saw he had big fat choppers with bigger rear tires in his shop????? Or should I not the risk and take it to triumph dealer who might tell me he won’t put rear tire up front?????

i have another question for all....this guy is a Harley guy....he now agreed to do the whole job of getting tires on the bike....I saw YouTube video where a guy is changing his rear tire and warns about damaging the plastic part of rear hub....should I get it down from a Harley mechanic who has never changed rocket’s rear tire????? Would it be a big challenge or it should be a straight job if he has worked on heavier bikes like harleys....I saw he had big fat choppers with bigger rear tires in his shop????? Or should I not the risk and take it to triumph dealer who might tell me he won’t put rear tire up front?????
That's a tough call. I personally bought all the tools needed to remove my wheels and bring to the shop. I havent done it yet, but I need a new rear asap. Maybe if you document the condition of the bike just before you leave it with them, they'd be responsible if they were to damage the plastic hub, but it would be a major pain if that were to happen. Also, kindly mention to them about the potential risk when re-installing. Or just give the Triumph dealer a call and ask them straight up if theyll do it. From what I understand, the tire is NOT specified for ONLY rear tire use. From a "trust" standpoint I'd go for the Triumph dealer, if possible, but youd have to judge the Harley guy's trustworthiness for yourself.

Back