Best performance upgrade

Cam mod

I see Punisher, it sounds like a great MOD; but I think I will be satisfied with the Predator upgrade with the 3 K&Ns. I am not ready to go down that trail. I think if I choose a different trail after this MOD it would be forced air , then your cam mod could come in the scene, but until then I am happy, because I do not see that trail any where in sight in the near future. Unless of course a rich Uncle dies & leaves an inheritance or I hit the Powerball Lottery , which both of those scenarios are not likely to happen.:rolleyes:

Lock up clutch

What are you referring to when you use the term lock up clutch? There is no tourque converter here , so I am not sure what you are referring to when you say lock up clutch ?:confused:

What are you referring to when you use the term lock up clutch? There is no tourque converter here , so I am not sure what you are referring to when you say lock up clutch ?:confused:
No more clutch slip with one of these:D
Scroll down to see pics

PS. the red thing is the lock up clutch

Last edited:
Does the transmission suffer from not disengaging the clutch, I thought that was the idea of disengaging to take the shock out of the tranny.:confused:

I just love techinical stuff......

Does the transmission suffer from not disengaging the clutch, I thought that was the idea of disengaging to take the shock out of the tranny.:confused:

No and no. Actually,disengaging the power flow and re-engaging it puts shock on the drive line, hence the torque snubber (spring) just in front of the drive shaft (close to the dreaded in backward, hopefully not, bearing).

Because of machining tolerances and manufacturing considerations there is always a certain amount of free play (slop) in any power transmission device that employs gears and shafts. That's why there is allowable wear limits in the shop manual and thrust washers in the transmission case. So long as you remove the power flow (torque) when you shift gears and allow the inherent slop to occur within the transmission, there is no harm whatsoever in shifting without disengaging the clutch. However, when you shift the transmission without interrupting the power flow, you put tremendous strain on the synchronizer rings and eventually, the tabs will wear to a point that the synchronizers will be unable to bring the corresponding gear set to speed allowing for a smooth, clutched shift. That's exactly how an air shifter works on a ****** rocket. You have the throttle opened up (read maniac) and when the rpm reaches a pre-determined point, the ignition is momentarily interrupted and at that precise instant, a servo connected to the shift lever ****s to the next gear. It happens so fast you can't hear it and it sounds like a full power shift, but it isn't.

You can up shift your bike under power, but the synchronizers will fail pretty fast and if, per chance you mis a gear or get a false neutral and keep pressure on the shift lever, you'll destroy the gear set.

Back