Best jack to go with Jack-Be-Quick

Rocket_Rider

Supercharged
Ride
Rocket 3 Touring 2018
Hi all,

so I have purchased a JBQ bracket for my touring model, its just a rear bracket.

Wondering what the best type of Jack is to use with the bracket as I will need to go buy a jack, currently i only have paddock stands for other bikes.

is a trolley jack stable enough? should i be getting one of those platform scissor jacks etc etc???

thanks,

John.

I us an ATV Jack from Harbor Freight.

image_24958.jpg

Hi all,

so I have purchased a JBQ bracket for my touring model, its just a rear bracket.

Wondering what the best type of Jack is to use with the bracket as I will need to go buy a jack, currently i only have paddock stands for other bikes.

is a trolley jack stable enough? should i be getting one of those platform scissor jacks etc etc???

thanks,

John.

I've used a standard motorcycle hydraulic lift for 25 years. Like this: 1500 lbs. Capacity ATV/Motorcycle Lift

I'm not sure what a," platform scissors jack" or "trolley jack" is. I also have the JBQ rear bracket. My 25 year old Larin lift works great with the JBQ.

J&S or Pitbull..I picked up a J&S used on craigslist..works well with jbq..those two are probably the best floor jacks here in the states..but they're about twice as much as others..

I have the JBQ bracket and the Harbor Freight Jack mentioned by Bob R and RockOn.
Works great, and if you position it just right will not put any pressure on the drain bolts. If that matters.

I don't think I'd trust a trolley jack, since it only has one point of support.

As the manufacturer of JBQ, I also recommend a 2-rail lift as pictured above. I personally have owned the Harbor Freight model, and it has served me well for more than 12 years without issue so far.
If (from the right side) you put the LH rail under the JBQ bracket, the RH rail will be under the sump, stabilizing the bike and lifting both wheels.
If you place the RH rail under the JBQ bracket, you'll only lift the rear wheel.
Thanks for your trust in JBQ!

Hands down, the 2 best accessories I have bought for my Touring are the Jack-B-Quick lifting brackets (front and rear)and a Drag Specialties scissor jack.

20190221_181955.jpg
Literally 15 minutes from sliding the jack under the bike to having the wheel off. :thumbsup:

The jack stands are only there for my OCD. It's plenty stable on just the jack.

Thanks for that Bill. You may have gotten one of the last front brackets.
They added a bit of stability when both wheels were up, but apparently not enough to double the price for most folks.
Perhaps 1 in 10 bought the front bracket too, so I just quit making them.

Back