batwing fairing

LDESTRUKTO, Just great, you had to put that awesome looking fairing pics and mods, now I NEED one!!!!!! Great job and it looks perfect!

Im going to start a new thread called "Batwing Fairing for Roadsters into a Manta Ray" and put all the pix and how to up there.

I dont know enough of the online tech here, so it will basically be one post per step with a picture for each.

If one of the guru's here can help out and either do that sticky thing, or condense it or whatever, im fully cool with that.

I try to spend more of my time working on the bike and will try to put up some descent explainations of what I did, and what worked and what didnt....this wasnt the first try, but was the end result.

It just struck me...... I have dual headlights. For some reason I wasn't thinking about that. Corbin is just about the only one with a fairing for dual headlights.

Unfortunately as of today that is still the case from what I've found, their quality is good but priced twice as high as a couple of others. I'm not enthused about the ridge they put down the middle either.
fairing_1t.jpg

If you have to stick with something pre made and bolt on, thats your only "fairing" option. If you have a jigsaw and a little know how, you can easily make the Memphis shades one work for about 25% the cost of the Corbin.

Fully up to you - Hopefully this link will send you to the other forum.

http://www.r3owners.net/threads/bat...mod-keep-both-headlights-for-cheap-ish.14010/

Its not perfect, but I see all the small blemishes and imperfections, but I dont see and additional $1500 of perfect in the Corbin. Its nice if you have money to throw around, but thats 3 seasons worth of new tires on the roadster......

If you have to stick with something pre made and bolt on, thats your only "fairing" option. If you have a jigsaw and a little know how, you can easily make the Memphis shades one work for about 25% the cost of the Corbin.

Thanks,...yes I did see the modded Memphis Shades fairing, just don't think I'm talented enough to pull it off, but I have a friend that could. I have it listed as one of my options, we shall see...

its really not all that technical. You just have to be willing to make some cuts to the headlight mount (if you want it mounted higher if you are tall like me) and the fairing itself. Make them in small increments and you will be fine.

It is pretty simple, kinda like roofing, in the concept. Its doing the work carefully and accurately that saves you having to do it over again.

Definitely wait to do any trimming of the top inside headlight cover until very last. I would even consider taking it off completely and re-gluing it later (if i had it to do over again)

Back