batwing fairing

aztom66

.020 Over
I have a 2010 rocket 3 touring with 10k on it, While I was at Bike week in Scottsdale AZ earlier this year, I came across a vendor ( wide open custom plastic) hocking custom made fairings. Although he didn't have a sample on hand for my turnip, he assured me he did indeed made a bat wing fairing that would bolt onto the factory windshield brackets. I do love the look and the sound system was included in the price $850. I would have to get it painted, but for the price it seems like a deal. his web site is: Wide Open Custom Plastic, LLC > Home. has any body had any experience with this vendor? Or know of a vendor that deals in fairings for the R3T?
Thanks for your input
Tom

I knew there was a reason I steered clear of all the bike week stuff. That would be very tempting. Price sure sounds reasonable.

I assume you lose the ability to use the windshield lowers with the batwing mounted. I remove mine in the summer to get more airflow, but it sure increases buffeting. It would be nice if his mounting bracket included the lower mounting pieces, but that would not be very aesthetically pleasing.

batwing

I would be very interested in this too.

He did say he has them already for the 2010 R3T?
I don't want to order this and run into problems with the fit.

I would be very interested in this too.

He did say he has them already for the 2010 R3T?
I don't want to order this and run into problems with the fit.

Their website says they fit the Rocket 3 Touring. The windshield mount has not changed since the 2008 introduction.

Need someone exactly like this to drive the cost down on Corbin fairings.
Corbin has been the lead dog to long far as for our Triumphs.

I got my fairing from recklessmotorcycles.com Nice handlaid fiberglass. $350.00+ 50.00 shipping. I had to make mounts but it isn't that hard. I have several pics in my photo album.

Did the same thing. same company. bought some stainless steel and bit some brackets without a problem. total cost was under 600 with kick ass stereo and speakers.

Everyone that has a fairing should post a picture of there handy work. Pictures of brackets as well. It would be helpful for others. :)

Back