batwing fairing

Everyone that has a fairing should post a picture of there handy work. Pictures of brackets as well. It would be helpful for others. :)

If I get a chance this coming weekend I will try and pull one bracket and do a stencil of mine if that would help. Might be able to do it sooner when I am putting the radio back in from service.

You can just click on my user name to the left and see pics of my mounts and fairing. I got the sony radio and rockford fosgate speakers on ebay for about $200.00 us. They sound great even at high crusing speed. No need for an extra amp like most Harleys. I have around $800.00 total with paint job. My body man said it was some of the nicest fiberglass he has worked with. No small pits to fill before he primed like most glass.

It just struck me...... I have dual headlights. For some reason I wasn't thinking about that. Corbin is just about the only one with a fairing for dual headlights.

Has anyone put this wing on their bike? I would love to see a picture of the final product installed.

Batwing into a Manta Ray

OK...I dont have time to put up all the details right this second today, but I will in the next few days. I am just on to put up some info in the classifieds to try to sell a sissy bar package for a touring model, and a gel seat for my roadster that I ordered. Trying to get some money on papal to get a fairing for my girlfriends bike to match the Batwing I just modded to fit my roadster.

You can get a batwing for a Harley fat bob, and quick release trigger lock kit for a VTX1800 and it WILL work with a stock dual headlight Rocket III.

You DO have to cut about 2" off each side, but the HD Fat Bob does have dual lights (albeit smaller) but its a great place to start.

All total I have the 9" expensive windshield, lower wind deflectors, quick release kit, and batwing fairing for right at $500. Takes about 2hrs to mod the fairing and bold everything up, and that is if you take your time and do things right.

I will put up a whole slideshow and directions and things when I get a chance, but for now, here is the teaser pic (if I can get it to work)...

Attachments

• 2012-10-10_14-08-42_767.jpg
    2012-10-10_14-08-42_767.jpg
    244.1 KB · Views: 2,870
  • 2012-10-10_13-58-09_472.jpg
    2012-10-10_13-58-09_472.jpg
    226.7 KB · Views: 3,621
Back