Battle of the Baggers

Gunshots

Nitrous
A Good artical in Motorcycle Cruiser Magizine May issue. Kaw 2000 Vulcan, Star Stratoliner, Honda VTX1800, Tri R3 Tourer, Mix it up on a road trip. The R3 gets a lot of good press, but the Star takes top honors (real lighweights with weak wrist). VTX is at the bottom of the heap. Its not on there web page yet but should be soon. www.motorcyclecruiser.com They Clock the Triumph 1/4 mile at 11.85 sec/112.17mph. :flame:60-80 mph 3.96 sec. Closest competetor Star Stratoliner 13.01 sec/102.66mph 60-80 4.40.

I've been teasing the guys who put my sidecar on for me up in Plymouth, Michigan about my 'Bagger with balls'. Both the father and son ride HD's and they build custom bikes for a hobby. I guess it relieves the tension of running a 10 million dollar machine shop. Anyway, we are supposed to do some rides this summer and I've already told 'em both they will be seeing a lot of my tail light.

I wonder who paid off the rag (probably in advertising which Triumph seems to disdain) to place the Stratolounger over the R3. One of my buds has one and it's a pimp compared to the R3 in every way. Don't get me wrong, Yamaha builds nice bikes as well as snowmobiles but the Stratolounger (misspelling intended) is a HD wannabe. The R3 is in a class all it's own.

Gunshots, would you recommend Motorcycle Cruiser? I am looking for a replacement for Motorcyclist. It has turned into a Ducati sales brochure.

Ducati?

Brian, thanks for mentioning that, I thought I was the only one that seemed to notice the overabundance of Ducati's in that rag.
Dennis
32 dtg!

I was reading the Super Crusier comparison and the author was poo-pooing the R3's cornering.

Has anyone had problems with cornering?

I've been riding in the mountains in NC and I haven't had any problem, never "wrestling" the R3 in corners.

Jamie, you don't have to answer, we already know that you own stock in the company that make 'rub rails' since you scrap peps whereever you go.

"if want to go right, push right... go left, push left" was what I was taught and it's worked well for many years.

I don't quite understand the author's point.

Gunshots, would you recommend Motorcycle Cruiser? I am looking for a replacement for Motorcyclist. It has turned into a Ducati sales brochure.

I just subscribed this is just the second issue for me. It's just hard to find a magazine that doesn't appear biased. I like it so far. I find the adds in the back are more usefull.

Back