Boog

Traveling Story Teller
Ride
2014 R3T, RAMAIR, Full Viking Dual exhaust
As many of you know, Brahma has had a backfire for several months. Well, it is gone now and was a common issue. I have discovered from a few members here and a far away Triumph mechanic who contacted me through a friend after it was fixed. @Speedy was helping me sort it out when he noticed the front throttle body was not seated into the rubber boot correctly. Evidently, the dealer did not reattach it correctly on the last maintenance trip I had there. The rubber has deformed since it was crimped, but Speedy was able to work it around enough that it at least seals now and the backfire is gone.
Later that night, I received a note from a Triumph mechanic in Chattanooga who told me to check that exact thing as he sees it a lot in their shop, says the throttle bodies work themselves loose sometimes because someone doesn't tighten the clamps fully. I thanked him for the info and told him that was exactly the issue, just didn't mention it was my own dealer's shop that goofed this one up.
Anyway, for anyone who did not know this before, it is one reason for our bikes to backfire that is not related to a bad tune.

As many of you know, Brahma has had a backfire for several months. Well, it is gone now and was a common issue. I have discovered from a few members here and a far away Triumph mechanic who contacted me through a friend after it was fixed. @Speedy was helping me sort it out when he noticed the front throttle body was not seated into the rubber boot correctly. Evidently, the dealer did not reattach it correctly on the last maintenance trip I had there. The rubber has deformed since it was crimped, but Speedy was able to work it around enough that it at least seals now and the backfire is gone.
Later that night, I received a note from a Triumph mechanic in Chattanooga who told me to check that exact thing as he sees it a lot in their shop, says the throttle bodies work themselves loose sometimes because someone doesn't tighten the clamps fully. I thanked him for the info and told him that was exactly the issue, just didn't mention it was my own dealer's shop that goofed this one up.
Anyway, for anyone who did not know this before, it is one reason for our bikes to backfire that is not related to a bad tune.

@alpental
READ this,Abe!

Back