Radiator Cooling Fan stopped working (Fixed)

buddazero

.060 Over
Ride
Triumph Rocket 3 Roadster 2018
So, two days ago I was riding home, got stuck in traffic, and the temp light comes on, which is normal in NYC traffic. However, this time when I got out of traffic , light never turned off. I pulled into a McDonalds driveway, got my quick midnight dinner. When I hopped on, temp light comes on after a few minutes, and there’s no traffic.

Next morning I checked the cooling, seems ok. Then I realized the fan never turned on. I spent hours trying to figure out the problem, until suddenly my family was like “check the fuse”. So, my family went to the manual and saw that Fuse 7 was connected to the radiator fan.

We pulled the fuse out…burnt fuse. I used the spare that came with the rocket and bing bang boom…fan turned back on when the engine got to a certain temp. Rode out yesterday, and today to and back from the city, the bike never over heated, even in dead stop traffic.

So, when I’m doubt, go back to basics and check the fuse. Ya never know. Hope this helps someone.

Attachments

• 6F6C5CCF-7F56-4516-9E7E-568F00B55CA6.jpeg
    6F6C5CCF-7F56-4516-9E7E-568F00B55CA6.jpeg
    118.6 KB · Views: 18
So, two days ago I was riding home, got stuck in traffic, and the temp light comes on, which is normal in NYC traffic. However, this time when I got out of traffic , light never turned off. I pulled into a McDonalds driveway, got my quick midnight dinner. When I hopped on, temp light comes on after a few minutes, and there’s no traffic.

Next morning I checked the cooling, seems ok. Then I realized the fan never turned on. I spent hours trying to figure out the problem, until suddenly my family was like “check the fuse”. So, my family went to the manual and saw that Fuse 7 was connected to the radiator fan.

We pulled the fuse out…burnt fuse. I used the spare that came with the rocket and bing bang boom…fan turned back on when the engine got to a certain temp. Rode out yesterday, and today to and back from the city, the bike never over heated, even in dead stop traffic.

So, when I’m doubt, go back to basics and check the fuse. Ya never know. Hope this helps someone.
It's too easy to overthink some of these problems. Simple things to check first.

Back