Australian newbie looking for a tuneecu map for a 2016 R3T

rcket3

.020 Over
Ride
2016 Triumph Rocket 3 touring.
Hi hoping that someone can advise on a suitable map for use with tuneecu for a 2016 Rocket 3 Touring.
Just about to be fitted with TORS pipes by a dealer and will have the dealer TORS flash. No other engine mods.
Have ordered a cable from Triumph twin in the UK.

Does anyone have any idea if it can be detected that you have used a non factory tune ? I am just thinking that I still have 14 months of factory warranty on the bike and if anything went wrong with the bike under a warranty claim (not necessarily engine related) would a dealer be able to tell if I reloaded the factory map before taking the bike in thus avoiding a way out for Triumph on a warranty claim. Or would I be better off waiting until the factory warranty runs out?

Not sure if I should open another thread but I love the bike but miss having a tacho, has anyone had any luck with installing any of the cheap chinese ones ?

Firstly Welcome to "The Forum", each time you load a tune it registers in the ECU, so yes a dealer can tell but if warranty claim was not engine related there would be no need for them to check if concerned then wait till warranty period is over then send me a "conversation" include your e-mail address and list any exhaust and inlet changes made then I will send you a totally unrestricted tune that will really lift the big girls skirt

Had a busy long weekend in the shed.
Committed Australian sacrilege by working on the bike while the Football grand final was on. Was watching it on the TV as I worked.
Fitted Mustang Seat
Fitted tank bib.
Fitted Highway pegs.
Fitted Aux power socket. (Dont buy the Triumph one Jaycar (Australia) sell exactly the same thing for under $5 that fits the Triumph connection)
Fitted a cigarette lighter power socket on the handlebars.
Fitted TORS and free flow cross over.
Fitted mag throttle cruise control.
Fitted Decosses keyless ignition unit.
Down loaded Hansos Tune.

Hanso many thanks you were right it didn't just lift the old girls skirts it tore them clean off!!!! Why couldn't Triumph make the bike like that stock? Big smile ear to ear. It's not just the power but the bike seems more flexible to ride. Only thing is the fuel gauge may be playing silly buggers as at the start of my test ride it was reading full but after 30 or so kilometres it was showing 1/2 empty. I am hoping that it was because I had the battery disconnected while I was working on the electrics and the fuel gauge wasn't registering properly when I set off. I'll top up tomorrow and keep an eye on it.
Idle also seems a little high (less engine braking) did the reset adaptives but after 20 minutes the TPS light still hadn't gone green so disconnected everything and went for a test ride. The Tune ECU manual reckons this is OK and the TPS light sometimes doesn't change. So hope I did the right thing.

Decosse great job with the ignition and was really a plug and play installation. Not sure how it happened but one of the screws securing the PC board had come loose in transit. Heard it ratting in the box and easy job to screw it back in.

Ishrub I did have plans for the set of TORS that I got from you along the lines of opening them up some more, will have to think about it a bit more now though as the sound with the TORS I had and the new cross over is just right.

Can anyone advise if it is worth getting a Ramair filter set up to go with my mods so far and would I be likely to need a different tune?

Answered some of my own questions along the way that I posted on another thread. Triumph grips are two piece on the throttle side but have a keyed throttle tube that only allows you to use the Triumph throttle grip so to all intents and purposes it may as well be one piece. If you are going to fit the Mag Throttle you will need to buy some new grips. The left hand Triumph grip came off dead easy with compressed air. I am waiting for my new grips to arrive but didn't stop me having a test ride. The benefit is that the mag throttle tube is aluminium and seems to have a faster action than the standard one. Only problem I can see is that it may be a bit long but will wait to get the new grips before I consider trimming it down. Apparently you cant use heated grips with the Mag throttle but not really a problem in Australia.
P.S. if anyone else is going to fit one of these I have found a great work around for wiring it up. It can be wired to the front brake switch and will work off both front and rear brakes. Give me a yell if you need any help.

Had a busy long weekend in the shed.
Committed Australian sacrilege by working on the bike while the Football grand final was on. Was watching it on the TV as I worked.
Fitted Mustang Seat
Fitted tank bib.
Fitted Highway pegs.
Fitted Aux power socket. (Dont buy the Triumph one Jaycar (Australia) sell exactly the same thing for under $5 that fits the Triumph connection)
Fitted a cigarette lighter power socket on the handlebars.
Fitted TORS and free flow cross over.
Fitted mag throttle cruise control.
Fitted Decosses keyless ignition unit.
Down loaded Hansos Tune.

Hanso many thanks you were right it didn't just lift the old girls skirts it tore them clean off!!!! Why couldn't Triumph make the bike like that stock? Big smile ear to ear. It's not just the power but the bike seems more flexible to ride. Only thing is the fuel gauge may be playing silly buggers as at the start of my test ride it was reading full but after 30 or so kilometres it was showing 1/2 empty. I am hoping that it was because I had the battery disconnected while I was working on the electrics and the fuel gauge wasn't registering properly when I set off. I'll top up tomorrow and keep an eye on it.
Idle also seems a little high (less engine braking) did the reset adaptives but after 20 minutes the TPS light still hadn't gone green so disconnected everything and went for a test ride. The Tune ECU manual reckons this is OK and the TPS light sometimes doesn't change. So hope I did the right thing.

Decosse great job with the ignition and was really a plug and play installation. Not sure how it happened but one of the screws securing the PC board had come loose in transit. Heard it ratting in the box and easy job to screw it back in.

Ishrub I did have plans for the set of TORS that I got from you along the lines of opening them up some more, will have to think about it a bit more now though as the sound with the TORS I had and the new cross over is just right.

Can anyone advise if it is worth getting a Ramair filter set up to go with my mods so far and would I be likely to need a different tune?

Answered some of my own questions along the way that I posted on another thread. Triumph grips are two piece on the throttle side but have a keyed throttle tube that only allows you to use the Triumph throttle grip so to all intents and purposes it may as well be one piece. If you are going to fit the Mag Throttle you will need to buy some new grips. The left hand Triumph grip came off dead easy with compressed air. I am waiting for my new grips to arrive but didn't stop me having a test ride. The benefit is that the mag throttle tube is aluminium and seems to have a faster action than the standard one. Only problem I can see is that it may be a bit long but will wait to get the new grips before I consider trimming it down. Apparently you cant use heated grips with the Mag throttle but not really a problem in Australia.
P.S. if anyone else is going to fit one of these I have found a great work around for wiring it up. It can be wired to the front brake switch and will work off both front and rear brakes. Give me a yell if you need any help.
If I lived where toy do I'd be dropping that beast off at Nevs so he can fix it :D
Properly :)

Another welcome from South Australia. Ramair would be a good addition, then just drop it in to Neville Lush for a tune. Then you are guaranteed to have the bike singing like it should

giddy from a another aussie fuel gauge will come good after couple of rides mine did and yes hanses tune is awesome

Firstly Welcome to "The Forum", each time you load a tune it registers in the ECU, so yes a dealer can tell but if warranty claim was not engine related there would be no need for them to check if concerned then wait till warranty period is over then send me a "conversation" include your e-mail address and list any exhaust and inlet changes made then I will send you a totally unrestricted tune that will really lift the big girls skirt
Hi HansO and welcome rcket3. Sorry for my absence but haven't been too well and had an op.
Now to business!!!! The tune you sent me, well I have towed the camper trailer on a wayward trip to Sydney (2300ks) and your tune has increased my fuel economy from 180ks per 20 lts to 250/260ks per 20 lts..... I am very impressed and has a lot more grunt to overtake with trailer on.
Hope to catch up in early November.
Muff

Back