Athens - Greece is Calling

Error Flynn

.020 Over
Ride
Triumph Rocket 3 R 2021
Well where do i start ?

First time to the Triumph family.

Since my first bike which was a BMW R51/3 what followed was always from the German brand.

After the R51/3 (which i still own) i bought an R 1200 Cruiser which i waited for 6 months and i kept it only four. That bike was wrong in every aspect at that time for me. Anyway, then i moved to a R 1200 Rockster. I travelled many countries in Europe with that bike. I loved it very much for what it was but after two years the K 1200 R came out and it was a love at first sight. I kept the K for 15 years and if i didn't had so many problems the last three years probably i would still be riding it. After that a BMW R NineT followed. Brilliant motorcycle with a lot of soul but it was a little too small for me, or at least in my eyes. After deciding that i am need of something else i naturally turned again to the Bavarian side to see what's there for me. I had an interest for the R18 but at the same time i was in need for something more young at heart and sporty. I am 47 y/o and the R18 seemed to me it's a bike for the "retired" motorcyclists. Don't get me wrong i don't want to sound offensive to the riders who are older than me (hey i am not a young person my self as well) and i think you get the idea of how i mean it. Too laid back for me. Then since it was the first time in my life that i did not found something interesting from the BMW i remembered about the Rocket. Long story short as soon as i sold the NineT (twenty days ago) i went for a test ride for the Rocket 3 R. The rest is history. I have a 2021 R in my garage and of course i absolutely love it. Happy to be here, happy to exchange thoughts and gather wisdom.

all the best to the Rocketeers out there around the Globe.

e.f.

Good day Error... (sound's oddly wrong but I like it :) ) and welcome to the asylum. That is quite the intro and much appreciated. You are part of the Triumph elite now and are encouraged to post many pics of that new monster along with some of your countryside. Haven't seen any members posting pictures of Greece in the background so we look forward to a menagerie of sorts. It would appear that Triumph's new 2500 is perfectly suited to your age bracket. A lot of us older folk still prefer the 2300 with the more traditional fender config. We are waiting to see if the Triumph gods are going to bring out a new proper "Touring" model. Have fun Rocketman... er, did I say that in Error???

Welcome! The R18 was one of the bikes I was looking at also and rode one. It handled exactly how you would expect a massive heavy bike with a big engine. like a bus. Also the torque was not impressive. Then I rode 2020 Rocket R and it it exceeds all expectations for handling not to mention arm stretching torque in any gear at any speed.

Nice bike history, welcome. I was a Harley rider then switched to Indians. I tried a 2014 Rocket Roadster and bought it. Down the dark road of big power I went and loved it. When the new models came out I was intrigued and bought a TFC. This new model is the chit ain’t it?:thumbsup:

Back