ATGATT & HIVIZ etc

Another interesting product NOT available in North America (the one where-to-buy location near Montreal is joking apparently).

@barbagris may need to ask you for another "group of one" buy.

Another interesting product NOT available in North America (the one where-to-buy location near Montreal is joking apparently).
@barbagris may need to ask you for another "group of one" buy.
Might be worth calling TwistedThrottle first. Nowhere near me has them either and from the reviews - sizing may be an issue. I want to SEE them first.

Very surprised for the resentment against hiviz gear:eek: as the Spanish people (and those who live there) like wearing bright rainbow colours .
Fine words from the land of men in Plaid skirts. :p

Hi-Viz (the fluorescing sort) seems not to be as visible in strong sun. But needs some. I've commented on this before on road trips. Somewhere like Cheshire Hi-Viz is visible but not as vivid as say Plymouth. But on the high dry and sunny central plains of Spain in summer it seems not to shriek out much.

Reflective tape etc is something else again. And I use it. What matters with Hi-Viz is (I believe) contrast. I see the same with DRLS - far more visible if they shine from the shadows.

Found a couple of on road night/rain videos of that Macna stuff - it's actually quite disturbing at one level.

Two of the most effective items to use if you really want to get noticed is a modulating headlight and a modulating brake light, both are highly efficient for both ends of the bike, I have the headlight on two of my bikes(but not the Rocket) now personally i think they are as annoying as all hell but they are effective.

I been looking for 555 nanometer gear to wear with no success so far.
The Vollebak jersey at $200.00 US is just too spendy for what it is, IMHO.
555 nanometers: designing with the most visible colour in the world | Vollebak

You may like this then too Steve:
Black activewear gets wearers seen at night

Additionally, the dots aren't just dispersed uniformly across the surface of the garment. Instead, they're located at the wearer's joints – the elbows, wrists, shoulders and hips. According to Vollebak, when drivers see the white spots arranged in such a pattern, their brain will instantly connect the dots and realize that it's looking at a person, plus it will be able to ascertain their speed and trajectory.

The clothing is designed so that at least eight dots will always be visible from any angle, which reportedly should be enough to provide the brain with the information it needs.

Black Light is available now, with prices ranging from US$95 for the T-shirt to $645 for the jacket. And if you're interested in a bike with paint that works sort of the same way, check out the Lumen.

Back