Lifts and jacks etc

Big blue from Quasar products UK works superb
Thanks but thats the entire lift (which does look good btw). I've already ordered a scissor lift as I have a number of bikes and I wanted something a little more 'universal' but the weight of the Rocket makes me nervous about applying all the weight on the sump which I think is currently the lowest point?

There is a common modification folks have done over the years to stabilize the rocket on the kind of lift you will be using.
There are 2 holes at the back of the engine, one on either side. (The Rivco Center stand bolts to them)
Fabricate (weld) a horizontal bracket with short, vertical ears on either end with holes that line up to the rear of the engine.
Bolt the bracket to the back of the lift and pin it to the holes. The front of the lift contacts the front of the engine sump.
This holds the bike steady and takes some of the load off the engine sump.
If you do a more thorough search on this site you'll find pictures.
I have a Big Blue lift. It comes with such an adapter but it is too loosey goosey and it sucks.
I welded up my own version as described above that is much more stable.

Note also that the rear lugs I describe are lower than the flat of the sump, and lifting with the home made adapter
as described tends to level the bike more on the lift.

There is a common modification folks have done over the years to stabilize the rocket on the kind of lift you will be using.
There are 2 holes at the back of the engine, one on either side. (The Rivco Center stand bolts to them)
Fabricate (weld) a horizontal bracket with short, vertical ears on either end with holes that line up to the rear of the engine.
Bolt the bracket to the back of the lift and pin it to the holes. The front of the lift contacts the front of the engine sump.
This holds the bike steady and takes some of the load off the engine sump.
If you do a more thorough search on this site you'll find pictures.
I have a Big Blue lift. It comes with such an adapter but it is too loosey goosey and it sucks.
I welded up my own version as described above that is much more stable.

Note also that the rear lugs I describe are lower than the flat of the sump, and lifting with the home made adapter
as described tends to level the bike more on the lift.
Thanks!

Finally got around to it. Mine, at least, does require a fair amount of torque - I have to prepare and hang on to the drill lest it pull out of my hands.

In any case, the lift is the real deal, and I purchased several mounts to work the other bikes.

My only challenge, is I had to have my wife's help hold the bike upright to get the holes to line up.

And at least on the Touring, there is a clearance issue with the right floor board - scraped blue paint going up.

20200905_132550.jpg
20200905_132625.jpg
I have same lift... to solve the needing help to attach bracket what I do is use a cutoff piece of 2x4 to put under the kickstand to straighten bike up.... leave a little free play in bracket.... mount to bike the tighten up bracket... works every time. With the floorboard I use a zip tie to keep it out of the way.

i don’t bother with the drill, I made up a handle and just wind manually, takes 2minutes or so of turning and it’s up.... not hard to turn just lots of rotations

oh, and I have a small piece of chain use at front bracket to keep the front of bike firmly on front of bracket - be aware that if you remove the front tyre and you haven’t secured the front it will scarily rotate till the rear wheel touches ground.... ask me how I know! Nothing got damaged but it’s frightening to see a 390something kilo bike rotate like a pinwheel...skip the experience and secure the front....

Back