Lifts and jacks etc

IMG_3013.JPG

I have a Harbor Freight bike lift that works well for all of my bikes. I think I paid $250 for it.
I have the same one as this, air compressor hose clicks in, real easy to raise. Only thing I did differently, was upgrade the wheel chock, hated the one that came with it.

Finally got around to it. Mine, at least, does require a fair amount of torque - I have to prepare and hang on to the drill lest it pull out of my hands.

In any case, the lift is the real deal, and I purchased several mounts to work the other bikes.

My only challenge, is I had to have my wife's help hold the bike upright to get the holes to line up.

And at least on the Touring, there is a clearance issue with the right floor board - scraped blue paint going up.

20200905_132550.jpg
20200905_132625.jpg

Last edited:
I picked up a used Aussie custom made Anderson for R3s on eBay for Au$75 delivered. :cool: Out of business now I think.
I see they got a mention recently here too and Paul commented on them and Becker lifts.
1599337755236.png

Lister's description:
Anderson stand for Triumph Rocket III Made in Australia.
It has pins that locate in holes in bike frame. Put a piece of the clamp either side and slide pins into the holes and lock together. Using the long handle you can raise the rear of the bike similar to a conventional centre stand an inch or two by pushing the handle all the way to the ground. It then provides a steady support for working on and servicing.

Two different size pins are provided for early and late model bikes. Not suitable for Touring model.
1599337020355.png

1599336937935.png
1599337040278.png
1599337059698.png

Last edited:
Finally got around to it. Mine, at least, does require a fair amount of torque - I have to prepare and hang on to the drill lest it pull out of my hands.

In any case, the lift is the real deal, and I purchased several mounts to work the other bikes.

My only challenge, is I had to have my wife's help hold the bike upright to get the holes to line up.

And at least on the Touring, there is a clearance issue with the right floor board - scraped blue paint going up.

20200905_132550.jpg
20200905_132625.jpg
Man, that's just scary looking Paul, lol

Funny @Tripps , that's what she said.

In the event, it's pretty solid, and I learned that I might be losing some power - PreTech (may they rest in peace) calipers have a drag on the front wheel. Not onerous, but enough that the wheel, even with all its unsprung mass, will not move without an active push. This is in contrast to the rear wheel, in neutral, turns freely.

I wonder if that is normal, or if some adjustment is called for somewhere in the brake circuit ?

I also noticed that moving the forks lock to lock, there is some tightness in the brake line.

Guys - sorry to ressurect this thread. I am in the UK. I have a Rocket Touring 2010 and have just ordered a large hydraulic scissor lift. I'm assuming from these comments that I will need something else other than just the lift to get the bike off the ground safely? Does it need a plate bolted to the chassis?
Thanks.

Back