ATGATT....Just tested mine

Bigjaype

I'll eat Sonny's sandwich...
Ride
R1200GS
So yesterday I jump on the Vespa to give it a run and fetch some groceries. My wife and I had just returned from a breakfast run on the GS.
so I was still geared up. Woman fails to yield, hell, she didn’t even slow down, and takes me out as I’m almost through the roundabout.
Vespa is beat up and I’ve got a scrape on my shin and a couple of bruises.
I'm sure the insurance will write the Vespa off...sad. I’ve got many, many hours in her.
just goes to show...I usually dont dress ATGATT to pop down to the local store when riding the Vespa. I mean, it’s less than a mile away....

So yesterday I jump on the Vespa to give it a run and fetch some groceries. My wife and I had just returned from a breakfast run on the GS.
so I was still geared up. Woman fails to yield, hell, she didn’t even slow down, and takes me out as I’m almost through the roundabout.
Vespa is beat up and I’ve got a scrape on my shin and a couple of bruises.
I'm sure the insurance will write the Vespa off...sad. I’ve got many, many hours in her.
just goes to show...I usually dont dress ATGATT to pop down to the local store when riding the Vespa. I mean, it’s less than a mile away....
Glad you pulled through... sorry for the Vespa...
-MIG

Last edited:
Happy that you are ok. I just ordered a summer mesh shaket, usually just a t-shirt in the summer but trying to do better. If I did not absolutely love riding motorcycles I would give it up. Every single ride I take people are on their phone and looking down at facebook or whatever in their lap, frustrating.

Glad your OK ...............and there is one less well insured Vespa in the world! ;) 😁

They do encourage exactly what you said ....most rides are without anything other than a helmet in serious protection and in many countries they skip the helmets. Even in autos, most likely accidents will occur with a mile or two of home as attention etc is reduced through 'Almost there' shutdown or distraction in rush and keeping kids and luggage strapped in on departure.

The number of maimings and deaths world wide due to scooters would dwarf autos.
The death and injury toll of tourists riding them in SE Asia alone kept a whole economic system alive!

Heal well and invest the insurance elsewhere.

The reason most accidents occur close to home, if you think about it, is because you spend more time near your home as you leave and return on rides, compared to anywhere else. If you don’t don gear just because you are near home you are just massively increasing your odds of being without gear when the odds catch up with you. ATGATT means all the time.

So, finally the insurance has made a decision and wrote off the scooter. A bit sad but the next project looms. I've made an offer on a 2011 KLR650.
Won't be my first thumper and looking forward to tinkering around on it.
Power and suspension upgrades first on the list. Will want to replace the plastics but not much available here in Oz. Any leads will be welcomed.

So, finally the insurance has made a decision and wrote off the scooter. A bit sad but the next project looms. I've made an offer on a 2011 KLR650.
Won't be my first thumper and looking forward to tinkering around on it.
Power and suspension upgrades first on the list. Will want to replace the plastics but not much available here in Oz. Any leads will be welcomed.
Hey @Bigjaype I Googled your avatar words and found your excellent review below.
Now I REALLY want to see your review on the KLR too! ;) :cool::roll::roll::roll:

Hey @Bigjaype I Googled your avatar words and found your excellent review below.
Now I REALLY want to see your review on the KLR too! ;) :cool::roll::roll::roll:

That's hilarious Mate...didn't even know that video existed.

My boys and I have a thing that we'll each each other's sandwiches just to piss each other off. My avatar was really aimed towards our @sonny ;)

Back