At the dealership - 2018 Rocket to get 2500 ccs

Never mind the increase in engine capacity ,2300cc is more than enough ,IF Triumph reengineered their drive line completely to suit the engine, and had a much improved quality control then more people(me) would
buy another Rocket Tomorrow!
There's always another alternative..;)

I bet it will be the same transmission, Triumph paid the same engineering firm that does Lamborghini transmissions to design the current model, and it is epicly strong....when assembled right.

Let's be clear.

To sell in Europe (which includes the UK who will adopt EU regs prior to brexit) the beast will HAVE TO MEET Euro4 emissions. So if it does indeed grow to 2.5 - it probably will not make any more grunt in stock form. I know that Guzzi deliberately gutted their California 1400 way below the limit for Euro4 to avoid issues from after-market parts - seems that they have grasped that folk will change exhausts.

Also growing the block will open Triumph to extra costs for maintenance parts stocking. They'd need to know they can make money to support a model run of 6-8 years plus the 10 years parts have to be available after by law. I would love to see actual sales figures for many marques. I have heard that large bikes sales in Spain and much of the EU has plummeted. The Bloors will make what makes commercial sense - don't expect anything else. Triumph only exists as a mainstream marque because they know how to make money.

And I forget where but there are now several countries who have commited to 100% electrical vehicle sales in less than 15 years. Don't blame me - you voted for them. Will hit here later than many places in the EU - Spain has an infamously OLD motor pool.

Back