At the dealership - 2018 Rocket to get 2500 ccs

Hate being negative but I am on this topic as Triumph's track record on model updates is abysmal. I want a 2500cc, 300whp, 6 gear, defeatable electronic nanny bike as much anyone else.

Expect nothing. Triumph is nothing but amazing at over promising and under delivering.

99/100 chance it'll be a moderately reworked bike with 180hp, 2300cc, and ride by wire with the same electronic goodies as the new Boneville based bikes. They WILL completely miss the mark on something major, they always do.

If that 1% miracle occurs and it's down in the 650lb wet area with a 2500cc, Bosch EMU, 6th gear, and 200hp stock, I'll eat a pile of dog **** and post it on YouTube for you all.

Hate being negative but I am on this topic as Triumph's track record on model updates is abysmal. I want a 2500cc, 300whp, 6 gear, defeatable electronic nanny bike as much anyone else.

Expect nothing. Triumph is nothing but amazing at over promising and under delivering.

99/100 chance it'll be a moderately reworked bike with 180hp, 2300cc, and ride by wire with the same electronic goodies as the new Boneville based bikes. They WILL completely miss the mark on something major, they always do.

If that 1% miracle occurs and it's down in the 650lb wet area with a 2500cc, Bosch EMU, 6th gear, and 200hp stock, I'll eat a pile of dog **** and post it on YouTube for you all.

Its been a dozen or so years since they introduced the Rocket. The world economy, EU restrictions/global warming( its not? OK then lets say climate change)/drop in motorcycling popularity and the advancing age of their market demographic etc. have not improved since then. Triumph is not known as an innovative world leader in technological advancement.
With that as background I too would be stunned (but delighted) if only half of the new rumored "new" Rocket ever made it to the showroom floor.

Back