Annoyed with this Corbin dual tour

Corbin is worth the money used, but to pay full price on a new one???? Unless you have money to burn!! The only one I’d buy new is a daylong. Customer service is good and they use your seat pan, so you know it will fit!
I called Corbin because I'm thinking about ordering a dual tour and they use their own seat pan. Maybe this contributes to the missed alignment issues?

Well I've never used one and it didn't occur to me that I should just buy a rivet gun lol. Looks like Amazon has em for 20 bucks. I almost forgot my most important rule, for every job you do, you must buy one new tool :)

I've got my wife to understand this is a necessity... How I got my Saws-All (to cut out a Buick core support bolt) among things... :sneaky:
-MIG

Bought a Corbin Solo a couple of years ago. Seam is ripping/splitting down one side of it. When I asked about getting it repaired, it was going to cost as much as a new one (and I'd get a new one sooner). Instead I'm going to Gorilla Tape it and let everyone know not to bother with Corbin products. Really hoping that Mustang will do a Rocket III Roadster seat sooner than later!

Can anyone confirm with 100% certainty that a Touring Seat will fit on a Roadster???

Mustang offers a Triumph seat for the touring but does not call out the Classic/Roadster and at $700 not willing to chance it! Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Got my solo from Ishrub recently...very comfy..I have added the domed rivets to the Fehling backrest to compliment the seat.

mm.jpg

Bought a Corbin Solo a couple of years ago. Seam is ripping/splitting down one side of it. When I asked about getting it repaired, it was going to cost as much as a new one (and I'd get a new one sooner). Instead I'm going to Gorilla Tape it and let everyone know not to bother with Corbin products. Really hoping that Mustang will do a Rocket III Roadster seat sooner than later!

Can anyone confirm with 100% certainty that a Touring Seat will fit on a Roadster???

Mustang offers a Triumph seat for the touring but does not call out the Classic/Roadster and at $700 not willing to chance it! Thanks in advance.

I’ve seen a few mustangs on eBay new for around 450us.

It is easy to get very confused using the term Touring in regard to Rocket seats as depending on usage it could be in regard to:
  • pre 2008 Accessory CLASSIC TOURING SEAT - DUAL A9708164 for the Std and Classic R3 that came out PRIOR to the later 'Touring' model R3 being released in 2008
  • R3Touring model seats of which there are 5 part numbers but only 3 types- Stock dual, Accessory Longhaul Dual and Accessory Bucket Solo. The Longhaul Dual was discontinued and they substituted the already available Bucket Solo and Comfort Pillion and sold them as a 'Longhaul' set with their own part number.
  • Aftermarket Corbin make both a series of seats for the Std/Classic/Roadster model line and the R3Touring. To confuse matters further Corbin call their dual Std/Classic/Roadster seat 'Touring Dual'.

No not a direct fit but you could do it the way @TheKid put a Touring seat and footboards on his Roadster.

Probably be lot cheaper to do it with the Triumph Accessory Longhaul Touring Dual and Solo seat versions or a stock Touring model dual one which are available from wreckers online and eBay.
I think @warp9.9 was contemplating putting the upholstery and padding from a Longhaul Touring Dual onto the stock R3 seat-pan.

LONGHAUL TOURING SEAT - DUAL A9700209
Shown with ADJUSTABLE RIDER BACKREST - LONGHAUL A9708158

upload_2019-3-17_14-15-29.png

BUCKET SOLO SEAT A9708162

upload_2019-3-17_14-23-50.png

COMFORT PILLION SEAT A9708163
upload_2019-3-17_14-44-53.png

Last edited:
It is easy to get very confused using the term Touring in regard to Rocket seats as depending on usage it could be in regard to:
  • pre 2008 Accessory CLASSIC TOURING SEAT - DUAL A9708164 for the Std and Classic R3 that came out PRIOR to the later 'Touring' model R3 being released in 2008
  • R3Touring model seats of which there are 5 part numbers but only 3 types- Stock dual, Accessory Longhaul Dual and Accessory Bucket Solo. The Longhaul Dual was discontinued and they substituted the already available Bucket Solo and Comfort Pillion and sold them as a 'Longhaul' set with their own part number.
  • Aftermarket Corbin make both a series of seats for the Std/Classic/Roadster model line and the R3Touring. To confuse matters further Corbin call their dual Std/Classic/Roadster seat 'Touring Dual'.

No not a direct fit but you could do it the way @TheKid put a Touring seat and footboards on his Roadster.

Probably be lot cheaper to do it with the Triumph Accessory Longhaul Touring Dual and Solo seat versions or a stock Touring model dual one which are available from wreckers online and eBay.
I think @warp9.9 was contemplating putting the upholstery and padding from a Longhaul Touring Dual onto the stock R3 seat-pan.

LONGHAUL TOURING SEAT - DUAL A9700209

upload_2019-3-17_14-15-29.png

BUCKET SOLO SEAT A9708162

upload_2019-3-17_14-23-50.png

COMFORT PILLION SEAT A9708163
upload_2019-3-17_14-44-53.png
Correct thats what I want to try. If I can find a seat. I think the back rest are the same so I have three I don't need one.

Correct thats what I want to try. If I can find a seat. I think the back rest are the same so I have three I don't need one.
Yep Factory Rider's backrests are identical except for vinyl color which is slightly grayer on the Touring version.

The Bucket Solos were going for just US$125 in the US late last year but ran out quick at that price I believe.

I have a used Bucket Solo and Comfort Pillion pair in great nick that I am currently making a Rider's backrest for with one of the Longhaul Touring Pillion pad sets.

Last edited:
Another assist for future reference by troubled fitters! Even Corbin has documented proof they are up to Revision 4;):D
http://www.corbin.com/triumph/install_t-r-3-dt-e.pdf

Congratulations on your new Rocket and your excellent taste in motorcycle saddles. This sheet covers installation of the Dual Touring saddle for both heated and non-heated applications.

Part Number: T-R-3-DT(E)
Description: Dual Touring Saddle
Fitment: Triumph Rocket III Revision: 4
Tools Required
  • 10mm socket or combination wrench
  • 13mm socket or combination wrench
  • Side cutters or scissors (for trimming zip ties)
  • Loctite® or similar
Parts List
  • 1x Seat / fender bracket
  • 2x #P00804 Preinstalled brackets on seat
  • 2x Hex head cap screws 6m x 35 x 1.0
  • 2x 6m flat washers
  • 2x 5/16” Chrome washers
  • 2x Chrome button head bolts 5/16” x 18 x 3/4
ELECTRIC OPTION: Wiring pigtail with #FACC-O5 Small Fuse Adapter
  • 2x 2” x 2” velcro male side and
  • 4x 1” x 2” velcro female side
  • 3x Zip ties 8”