Am Seriously Considering Selling My Roadster and Getting.....

As an owner of two R3T's, I highly recommend them. However make sure the leg position works for you, some people find it uncomfortable. Couldn't a roadster be fitted to touring-like specs though? Backrest, nice seat, floorboards, risers, and those really nice Corbin beetle bags should all help. One thing I have always liked about the roadsters and standards is that they seem more uniquely styled than the Touring. It seems Triumph borrowed some of the R3T styling from other brands

You mean like this ?? Excellent touring bike. Sold my Goldwing to buy the Rocket. Oh Yeah !! :cool:

Bill Dee.jpg

@Idaho Red Rocket 3, yes, exactly like that! That was what I was originally searching for when I went looking for a Rocket. I just couldn't find one that had reasonably low miles at the time. It seems that everyone who built their Rockets like that really put the miles on 'em. I'm happy with the T but parts seem a bit harder to come by, might just be me.

Put bags on the side of the roadster. That way you’ll still have a tach :)

Or you can add a Koso tachometer to the touring like some of us have.
Also, the tank is wider on the touring. If I remember, while I was looking I could flat foot the classics but not the touring.

You mean like this ?? Excellent touring bike. Sold my Goldwing to buy the Rocket. Oh Yeah !! :cool:

Bill Dee.jpg
Now that's what I'm talking about. I wanted the touring foot pegs, but the roadster's tach and big rear tire.
Just got a sweet deal on the touring...and it was blue. But red is good, too.

As an owner of two R3T's, I highly recommend them. However make sure the leg position works for you, some people find it uncomfortable. Couldn't a roadster be fitted to touring-like specs though? Backrest, nice seat, floorboards, risers, and those really nice Corbin beetle bags should all help. One thing I have always liked about the roadsters and standards is that they seem more uniquely styled than the Touring. It seems Triumph borrowed some of the R3T styling from other brands
I AGREE!. TRICK OUT THE ROADSTER. A CORBIN SEAT. A SET OF THUNDER BARS. NICE SET OF FORWARD FLOORBOARDS AND CONTROLS. YOU WILL BE A HAPPEY CAMPER. ITS THE SET UP I HAVE AND I HAVE HAD THIS BIKE FOR 10 YEARS NOW. NOT YELLING. TOO LAZY TO HIT CAP BUTTON.

Back