Am Seriously Considering Selling My Roadster and Getting.....

Old N' Grumpy

Living Legend
Ride
2014 Triumph R3R & 2005 Harley FatBoy
A Touring! After looking at other brands of heavy cruisers and nothing stoking me this is where I wound up. Impetus for the decision was several:

1) Late model touring is way cheaper than late model (fill in the blank).

2) With slight mods will have way more power than (fill in the blank).

3) Like the looks of the touring better than anything out there except a Harley.

4) Have a great support system here with my friends.

So there it is in a nutshell. When I do this I will have many brand new parts for sale from the Roadster that I never put on as the Roadster never really worked for me.

Good luck with the sale.

If I recall correctly, you have 1 or 2 pieces from my old Roadster too. Someone may get some legacy R3Owners parts lol

A Touring! After looking at other brands of heavy cruisers and nothing stoking me this is where I wound up. Impetus for the decision was several:

1) Late model touring is way cheaper than late model (fill in the blank).

2) With slight mods will have way more power than (fill in the blank).

3) Like the looks of the touring better than anything out there except a Harley.

4) Have a great support system here with my friends.

So there it is in a nutshell. When I do this I will have many brand new parts for sale from the Roadster that I never put on as the Roadster never really worked for me.

Put bags on the side of the roadster. That way you’ll still have a tach :)

Always wanted one that was long and black, you want go back

Attachments

• A129AD92-4782-4D05-952A-544B84272ADC.jpeg
    A129AD92-4782-4D05-952A-544B84272ADC.jpeg
    461.8 KB · Views: 30
  • CF64A7F2-53E3-402B-8064-1824A1FE32B1.jpeg
    CF64A7F2-53E3-402B-8064-1824A1FE32B1.jpeg
    430.8 KB · Views: 32
  • 97819DFD-9412-4DED-A06F-58E5BD975914.jpeg
    97819DFD-9412-4DED-A06F-58E5BD975914.jpeg
    495.1 KB · Views: 29
I have to say that, IMHO, the two-tone blue R3T was always the best looking R3 from the factory. I put a couple of thousand miles on a loaner when the update kit was being installed on my Classic, and I really liked it.

Get rid of the fat boy keep the roadster and get the touring. Wait nope getting a touring would be like identifying as a confused individaul. Next thing you know you'd be darksiding it. !!!

Yep might as well stick to the roadster and trick it out.

Nope...Fatboy stays...wouldn't get chit for a 2005 with 8K in upgrades. Uncomfortable on the Roadster so maybe a Touring will do the trick. Need to find someone in my neck of the woods and try one on for size.:)

As an owner of two R3T's, I highly recommend them. However make sure the leg position works for you, some people find it uncomfortable. Couldn't a roadster be fitted to touring-like specs though? Backrest, nice seat, floorboards, risers, and those really nice Corbin beetle bags should all help. One thing I have always liked about the roadsters and standards is that they seem more uniquely styled than the Touring. It seems Triumph borrowed some of the R3T styling from other brands

Back