nearly had me a Screaming Eagle front guard ornament yesterday coming home from Yass at 7pm just got to the bottom of the Clyde Mtn and fanging thru the sweeper at the base about 10km from home and whilst keeping an eye out for Skippy's detected something move, coming up out of a culvert was Adult Wedge Tail Eagle!!...... the silly bastard instead of just flying up in line with the road it decided to cross the road while still only slowly taking off.... a hand full of brakes and I missed him, they are a massive bird!!! a puckering moment
A real screaming eagle. Puckering moment for sure

Canberra

Yep....I ride guns all the time....I never ride without at least 2 guns. Any over night trips I will have 3.

I have made a bunch of trips that was for a week and I carried 30+ hand guns with me....and over 7,000 rounds of ammo. It was to a long range pistol shoot that was in Ky. I had a great time shooting and got to shoot other guys gun and they shot mine...I had less than 500 rounds of live ammo when I got home.. I have made that Ky. shoot 3 times in the last 5 yrs. I have not had the money to do that trip lately.

The most fun thing I could imagine/ dream of doing right now would be to be able to Ride Warp's 9.9 super rocket on the mile run or to do a top end run of Carpenders Silver Back Rocket that was geared for top end.....

Now that would be a moment to remember

Holy Crap Hanso, they are big, they have a wingspan of up to 7 1/2 feet.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wedge-tailed_Eagle
yeah it would have been about 6 feet .... didnt have a tape measure, started to cover the brakes at first movement but grabbed a handful when it started to veer out on to the road in front of me I was doing about 120 coming out of a big sweeper (one of my favorites accelerating but back of quick got close enough to see his eye (didn't look happy) from about 15 feet.
Have had happen once before about twenty year ago, I was heading over the Brindabella range between Canberra and Tumut in a
Suzuki Serra 4x4 (small 4wd) and came around a bend and spooked two off them feeding on a roadkill one took off straight at me just cleared the car but for an instant I thought he was coming thru windscreen .... I ducked waiting for impact but luckily it cleared me, its wing span was wider than vehicle ... could have nearly picked it up and carried it off .... scary Sh!t :eek:

nearly had me a Screaming Eagle front guard ornament yesterday coming home from Yass at 7pm just got to the bottom of the Clyde Mtn and fanging thru the sweeper at the base about 10km from home and whilst keeping an eye out for Skippy's detected something move, coming up out of a culvert was Adult Wedge Tail Eagle!!...... the silly bastard instead of just flying up in line with the road it decided to cross the road while still only slowly taking off.... a hand full of brakes and I missed him, they are a massive bird!!! a puckering moment

HansO, ". . . fanging thru the sweeper"
Mate, what does this mean? I habla the drift and love the word fanging; but, can you break it down a tad for a drongo Merican not too up on his strine?
BTw - This could be a great T-shirt!
1olbull

...might have led you astray before Bull. I thought about it some more and I think what Hanso meant was "he laid 'er over and kicked 'er in the guts".......

...might have led you astray before Bull. I thought about it some more and I think what Hanso meant was "he laid 'er over and kicked 'er in the guts".......

There you go again Hunty .. ****stirring ..and tormenting the Americans... excellent work ..hahahahaha

Hanso

About 30 yrs ago I was coming home from work ....about 80 mph on a back country road. A Dove that was dusting on the side of the road flew up and hit me in the right side rib cage. Do ya'll have Doves down there????

It knocked ever last drop of breath out of me.....I barely managed to get the bike stopped, let the bike fall to the ground then start running around in a circle for...felt like forever...in the middle of the road. Got my breath back then slowly rode home in pain....My ribs hurt for 2 weeks after that.

I am glad it missed you.....you could have wound up as a chest shield Code of Arms for that Eagle

Back