Coward is when loved ones are in danger and you decide to do nothing out of fear. Not taking you overpowered 2 wheeled behemoth to insane speeds is a lack of stupidity, not lack of courage. Mine has never seen triple digits (MPH) got real close several times, but not quite there nor am I interested.

Hanso

About 30 yrs ago I was coming home from work ....about 80 mph on a back country road. A Dove that was dusting on the side of the road flew up and hit me in the right side rib cage. Do ya'll have Doves down there????

It knocked ever last drop of breath out of me.....I barely managed to get the bike stopped, let the bike fall to the ground then start running around in a circle for...felt like forever...in the middle of the road. Got my breath back then slowly rode home in pain....My ribs hurt for 2 weeks after that.

I am glad it missed you.....you could have wound up as a chest shield Code of Arms for that Eagle
I can relate to that, yes we do have doves and a a couple of varieties of wild pigeon.
When I was but 17 (not long ago) I was still living in Yass and rode a Yamaha DT360a doing about 70mph ( before the speedos were changed to km) and a sparrow came up out of the road side grasses and caught me fair square in the middle of left knee cap... Hurt like hell could have swore it broke the cap but it didn't, who would have thought such a tiny little soft bird could hurt so much, so I imagine you were lucky the dove didn't break a rib

Oh and 1olbul, "fanging" is another way of saying getting stuck into it an having a bit of fun

I think I might take a few more chances knowing if everything runs as it should with al that power available the risks are minimalist .i say twist that throttle and enjoy the beast once you've got some experience under your belt . If the bike scares ya sell it.
My bike scares me, 400hp & mad wheel spinning at well over the ton would scare a few I reckon, but after only 9yr's I'm not ready to part with it just yet. My little Bonnie is only good for 130mph eventually, so that's my sensible ride. :cool:

I can relate to that, yes we do have doves and a a couple of varieties of wild pigeon.
When I was but 17 (not long ago) I was still living in Yass and rode a Yamaha DT360a doing about 70mph ( before the speedos were changed to km) and a sparrow came up out of the road side grasses and caught me fair square in the middle of left knee cap... Hurt like hell could have swore it broke the cap but it didn't, who would have thought such a tiny little soft bird could hurt so much, so I imagine you were lucky the dove didn't break a rib

Oh and 1olbul, "fanging" is another way of saying getting stuck into it an having a bit of fun

Kind of like a vampire then, eh?
In my 'Merican vocab "fanging it" would then be synonymous with "wicking it" or "greasing it".
In any regard - Ya' all talk funny!

When I got back into riding my biggest fear was intersections!!! speed didn't matter, moms and teens texting are usually slow enough to navigate. Big sweeping turns full of asphalt patches get my rocket bouncing up and down at speed that sometimes make me very aware of the moment. If 130 kph scared me (the average speed on the hwy) I wouldn't ride. Maybe a safety coarse to help your confidence is for you. I never took one but knowing your ACTUAL limits might make riding less fearful and more fun.

I hit a dove on my tiger once. 80mph, on a two lane road straight. One took off, his buddy followed not as quick. He glanced off my windshield and straight to my face! Lucky I wear a full face helmet. All I got was a solid thump, and a face full of feathers!

Never found that bird. He is likely still fly'n with a limp.

I hit a dove on my tiger once. 80mph, on a two lane road straight. One took off, his buddy followed not as quick. He glanced off my windshield and straight to my face! Lucky I wear a full face helmet. All I got was a solid thump, and a face full of feathers!

Never found that bird. He is likely still fly'n with a limp.
I'll bet a slightly colder dove with out most of his feathers

My bike scares me, 400hp & mad wheel spinning at well over the ton would scare a few I reckon, but after only 9yr's I'm not ready to part with it just yet. My little Bonnie is only good for 130mph eventually, so that's my sensible ride. :cool:

Now who was it that said every time he rides his bike it tries to kill him.........??????

Trirocket

What M/C do you have with 400 HP....??? Next!!!

Would let a feeble Ol' Man take it around the block........Just once????

You can hold my walker and oxygen bottle...until I get back....:rolleyes:.....I asked Warp the same question and never got an answer.....Wonder why????:confused:

Back