Air compressor

maurice

Nitrous
Ride
2020 R3 GT
I'm looking for a portable one with hella or bmw style plug so I can avoid adaptor for the socket at left handlebar. I assume I can use bike batteries power to inflate. Anyone have a low cost but effective one? I like the lever type attachment to the valve if possible.

I think as long as the bike is running you'd be fine airing up a tire, you could let it run a bit after you're done if you're worried. Lots of guys carry a small compressor, I never heard of anyone killing their battery using one.

I think as long as the bike is running you'd be fine airing up a tire, you could let it run a bit after you're done if you're worried. Lots of guys carry a small compressor, I never heard of anyone killing their battery using one.
Pete - I stopped to help a guy a couple of weeks ago - NOT on an R3 - who had done exactly that. OK I guess the battery might have been dying anyway. OK I was in the Citroen and left it running to keep the A/C up :coffee::sneaky::sneaky:

This is what I carry. Been giving them away at the RAA East events for the last few years. They came out of auction cars that had to have a spare and tools before they could go to our sales lot.

20200627_115051.jpg
20200627_115142.jpg

I still have a couple of them in the toolbox. You can have one if ya want it, although the shipping from NC might make it cheaper to buy what you like locally @maurice . Never had an issue with it running the battery down personally.

Hey Maurice do you have a battery tender hooked to your battery? If so you can use an sae connector and buy a NO ONE air compressor on Amazon. I carry a plug and go tire patch kit also just in case. The hella din plug in the picture I leave plugged in it can be used to charge your phone and it shows the voltage from your alternator.
charger.jpg

The SAE connector can go directly to battery most small 12 volt compressors will not come with the right connector that you need but you can buy a SAE connector and solder that to your air compressor

Back