A properly loud horn for the bike

No way to miss the Borg cube in that quadrant... love that double air horn though! Now we are talking. Which one you got?
I DO NOT REMEMBER THE BRAND but it is what I believe a generic dual air horns setup I made sure to use as large a hose as possible between the two items and discarded the included clear soft hose . it sound loud but musical the only difficult part was to make brackets first to attach on the left and horizontally the compressor with a long bracket from the rad mount down (about 5 inches) I ran the air hose straight across behind the rad to the right side there I had to carve a bit of the small horn cup opening to keep it tight against the bigger one and again connected via a short bracket to the rad both items are out of the air flow and rain unless you pay close attention they are innocuous to the untrained eye

The stock horn on the R3 leaves much to be desired to say the least when it comes to the sound volume it produces. 😞

So I got the DENALI SoundBomb Mini (Amazon.com: SoundBomb Mini Electromagnetic Low Tone Horn: Automotive) and installed it in place of the stock horn. Couldn’t fit it on the stock bracket so I removed the bottom radiator/fan assembly screw and attached the horn there.

It’s a tight fit, but the good news is that the horn doesn’t touch anything on the bike. 👍

Only two minor modifications on the DENALI horn needed to make it fit. 😎
1) Bend the tabs to be straight out (just like the stock horn), such that the stock harness can be connected.
2) Take the DENALI provided ‘mounting strips’ and shorten them by about .5”/12.5mm, drill a hole for the screw.
The sound bomb mini mounts perfectly using the supplied bracket (they actually give you two in the box) mounted to the stock mounting location. You need to bend the bracket in a couple locations and bend the electrical connectors so their straight, but it actually is a good fit with some space all around.

Attachments

• 377AB2CF-40F5-43B6-B790-6101C065F62E.jpeg
    377AB2CF-40F5-43B6-B790-6101C065F62E.jpeg
    153.2 KB · Views: 65
  • 5E133C5F-9BAA-4956-91FD-0DCF5495C799.jpeg
    5E133C5F-9BAA-4956-91FD-0DCF5495C799.jpeg
    160.9 KB · Views: 65
I need to do something like this my horn is barely audible. I never use it it it’s embarrassing.
I got the same probleme with my 06. Does anybody knows if the Denali will fit too my bike? Thanks for any advice!!

Back