A properly loud horn for the bike

Antek

.040 Over
Ride
2020 Rocket 3 TFC
The stock horn on the R3 leaves much to be desired to say the least when it comes to the sound volume it produces. šŸ˜ž

So I got the DENALI SoundBomb Mini (Amazon.com: SoundBomb Mini Electromagnetic Low Tone Horn: Automotive) and installed it in place of the stock horn. Couldnā€™t fit it on the stock bracket so I removed the bottom radiator/fan assembly screw and attached the horn there.

Itā€™s a tight fit, but the good news is that the horn doesnā€™t touch anything on the bike. šŸ‘

Only two minor modifications on the DENALI horn needed to make it fit. šŸ˜Ž
1) Bend the tabs to be straight out (just like the stock horn), such that the stock harness can be connected.
2) Take the DENALI provided ā€˜mounting stripsā€™ and shorten them by about .5ā€/12.5mm, drill a hole for the screw.

Attachments

• FEF27537-F908-4C9A-8CD1-2E9D1C579B16.jpeg
    FEF27537-F908-4C9A-8CD1-2E9D1C579B16.jpeg
    170.4 KB · Views: 200
  • 75E066EB-FD86-4CAB-A905-18A68B57031D.jpeg
    75E066EB-FD86-4CAB-A905-18A68B57031D.jpeg
    175.8 KB · Views: 196
  • 79CA0838-420B-4B5A-8F87-B349EE551DD1.jpeg
    79CA0838-420B-4B5A-8F87-B349EE551DD1.jpeg
    194.1 KB · Views: 196
As I don't own the new rocket, I can't tell if that mounting screws into the frame or radiator embedded threads. If it's the radiator, I'd be wary of any stresses that can create which may cause a crack.

As I don't own the new rocket, I can't tell if that mounting screws into the frame or radiator embedded threads. If it's the radiator, I'd be wary of any stresses that can create which may cause a crack.
Itā€™s not in the radiator itself, the thread is in a mounting bracket that holds the radiator fans.

I and several others were able to successfully mount the sound bomb mini in the location the stock horn came from. It takes some trial and error with bending the bracket, but mine mounts to the stock mounting location and doesn't touch anything on the engine or radiator.
Details please šŸ˜ŽšŸ‘

The stock horn on the R3 leaves much to be desired to say the least when it comes to the sound volume it produces. šŸ˜ž

So I got the DENALI SoundBomb Mini (Amazon.com: SoundBomb Mini Electromagnetic Low Tone Horn: Automotive) and installed it in place of the stock horn. Couldnā€™t fit it on the stock bracket so I removed the bottom radiator/fan assembly screw and attached the horn there.

Itā€™s a tight fit, but the good news is that the horn doesnā€™t touch anything on the bike. šŸ‘

Only two minor modifications on the DENALI horn needed to make it fit. šŸ˜Ž
1) Bend the tabs to be straight out (just like the stock horn), such that the stock harness can be connected.
2) Take the DENALI provided ā€˜mounting stripsā€™ and shorten them by about .5ā€/12.5mm, drill a hole for the screw.
Another methid, put in stock location by bending metal piece. Does not touch engine by manipulation.

Good afternoon,
I have the mini setting on the work bench. Bent the stock bracket. Didnā€™t like how close the soundbomb mini
was to the front of engine. It would of been just fine Iā€™m sure.
I had about 1/4ā€ clearance.
Any feed back on the engine Heat next to the mini ?

Back