A properly loud horn for the bike

Good afternoon,
I have the mini setting on the work bench. Bent the stock bracket. Didn’t like how close the soundbomb mini
was to the front of engine. It would of been just fine I’m sure.
I had about 1/4” clearance.
Any feed back on the engine Heat next to the mini ?
I've got mine in the stock location as well by bending the bracket. It's a tight fit, but did a 1000 mile trip last week and no issues with the heat.

Good afternoon,
I have the mini setting on the work bench. Bent the stock bracket. Didn’t like how close the soundbomb mini
I installed mine in the same place of the stock just bending the plate a bit. For the heat issue, I covered the horn in a heat resistant material and I painted it black. The sound is better that the joke that came with the bike (not suitable even for a Vespa IMHO) but still not loud enough for R3, but is cheap, easy to install and no modification needed on the bike.

Attachments

• 20210415_141822.jpg
    20210415_141822.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 90
  • 20210415_141801.jpg
    20210415_141801.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 88
  • 20210415_141748.jpg
    20210415_141748.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 86
  • 20210415_141811.jpg
    20210415_141811.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 90
Good afternoon,
So far no problem on mine, and its getting hot, lol.

What on earth is that brake pedal??????
you are supposed to look only at the horn!!! not the rear brake pedal. but I will enlighten you!! the brake pedal tip is mounted originally way too low to exert proper pressure in a regular factory seating configuration as I could not just tap it while seating ,I TRIED TO RESET IT FURTHER upward the lever could not be set as I needed it so I taped a block of wood on top of the pedal now i have enough movement range in my ankle to put the pressure required when needed ...which I basically use only to change my line in a turn ..but kudos for your sharp inspection

you are supposed to look only at the horn!!! not the rear brake pedal. but I will enlighten you!! the brake pedal tip is mounted originally way too low to exert proper pressure in a regular factory seating configuration as I could not just tap it while seating ,I TRIED TO RESET IT FURTHER upward the lever could not be set as I needed it so I taped a block of wood on top of the pedal now i have enough movement range in my ankle to put the pressure required when needed ...which I basically use only to change my line in a turn ..but kudos for your sharp inspection
No way to miss the Borg cube in that quadrant... love that double air horn though! Now we are talking. Which one you got?

Back