4th of July card from Triumph...

The Channel yes - but the second thing was (believe it or not) the weather. It was so good, Adolf took a holiday. Fate is a wonderful thing in hindsight. This gave the UK time to rebuild the airforce and allowed the navy to harry the German navy - neither side wanted to really risk severe navy battles as ships cost too much to risk.

True the weather did help us but we had thousands of planes pity 3/4 of them were made from plywood to fool the German photo planes, now during the blitz the Thames was at its lowest level recorded which did not help the fire fighters, taking a war on two sides is nearly impossible to win (except Israel) but it was invade the USSR before they invaded Germany.

Can not see where America helped France in Vietnam they were glad to be rid of the place, France were unlucky to be so close to Germany for in 1939 no country and i mean no country could have stopped the German army which in 1939 is probably the best army the world has ever seen only one well two things saved Britain the channel and the airforce/navy if not for those two Germans boots would have touched British soil (mainland soil)

A lot of other countries assisted G/Britain not least the U.S.A./ Canada/ Australia, etc...Without them we would be uber fecked, and thass fer sure.

Britain stood alone at first, but would have gone under without our allies..
God bless all those brave souls
I hope we stick together for the next onslaught which threatens on the horizon :evil: I:ninja: S:ninja: I:ninja: S:evil:

I hope we stick together for the next onslaught which threatens on the horizon :evil: I:ninja: S:ninja: I:ninja: S:evil:
WARS are political expedients for crowd and population control. We actually NEED a bloody big one.
Religions are just an excuse for ambitious men to justify it.

I just feel sorry for those so devout that they're taken in. Cannon Fodder.
But the only way to fight devout minds is with devout minds - There was a time that they were called crusades.
Actions of ambitious men - supported by the devout.

You cannot fight insurgency with mass action unless it's total genocide.
And for most of the western world - it's unacceptable to use carpet bombing etc.

But note one thing - not many folk are pissing China off. If they wade in against you - you're F*CKED. And I'd be wary of upsetting India.
It matters not how big the gun is - if there are that many more than you. And this is not me - but from the collected thoughts of many senior soldiers.
I'm not sure the interest and or fervour exists in the so called "western world" to react with sufficient ire.

Whatever---------------- come the ****-storm surely we don't just sit on our thumbs and do nothing--------do we???

Traitor or heroic freedom fighter, all a matter of your point of view and on who wins. If the rebellion in the colonies had failed, some of the "founding fathers" would now probably have their names rank right up there with gentlemen like Quisling, Boycott and so on. I guess there's a reason there's so much alternate history fiction, it sets up an interesting what-if scenario.

YEP!
Guess then the "founding fathers" were fortunate to not have fought like finns! :p
Stick to bikes - you do SO much better! :thumbsup:

@Idaho Red Rocket 3 dont forget that mess in Vietnam we inherited from them as well. Seems France has been extremely well compensated ;)
and what were you doing when dien bien phu fell ( vietnam did not exist then, the place was called tonkin and Annam provinces ) quoting a US witness ....The fall of the fort of dien bien phu on May 7, 1954, after a 57-day siege was a disaster for France, for it spelled the end of French hegemony in Indochina and opened the way for U.S. involvement in the region. and what a mess ensued!!

he·gem·o·ny
həˈjemənē,ˈhejəˌmōnē/
noun
noun: hegemony; plural noun: hegemonies
  1. leadership or dominance, especially by one country or social group over others.

Back