4th of July card from Triumph...

only one well two things saved Britain the channel and the airforce/navy if not for those two Germans boots would have touched British soil (mainland soil)
The Channel yes - but the second thing was (believe it or not) the weather. It was so good, Adolf took a holiday. Fate is a wonderful thing in hindsight. This gave the UK time to rebuild the airforce and allowed the navy to harry the German navy - neither side wanted to really risk severe navy battles as ships cost too much to risk.

Traitor or heroic freedom fighter, all a matter of your point of view and on who wins. If the rebellion in the colonies had failed, some of the "founding fathers" would now probably have their names rank right up there with gentlemen like Quisling, Boycott and so on. I guess there's a reason there's so much alternate history fiction, it sets up an interesting what-if scenario.

@scot in exile thats what I mean, we took that problem over for them ;)

The other thing that helped the kingdom was hitler's focus and impatience on advancing the eastern front. Another thing to be thankful for. Had he stayed focused west until he had England I'm afraid the outcome may have been severely different. The fact that there was a "rehabilitated" English force was the only thing that enabled the allies to rebound from the west.

Hey, I would live on pies if I could get away with it :roll:

Unfortunately, Norway has yet to embrace the Way of the Pie, and thus, if I want pies, I have to make them myself:thumbsdown::unsure:

You forgot two things. Fish & chips. And Pies. Nobody has yet to match the splendour of the Great British Pies!
That's three - and you forgot Mushy Peas and these Post Raj days - Curry.

The Spanish sort-of do pies. They have lot's of Pasty-like things. Generally full of piggy bits.

What would Norwegians put in pies? - "Torsk"? - has to be - that's the word I saw most in Bergen.
Torsk is Cod for the non Norwegian speakers. I don't like "Torsk".

It's all right smothered in beer batter and deep fried :p

Didn't mention the mushy peas, as they are a required part of the dish. Along with malt vinegar for the chips

Back