charliek

Standard Bore
Hello all new to the forum. Recently purchased a 2022Rocket 3 GT. I love the bike but have noticed a lot of wind buffeting on my chest. I installed a Madstad windshield. I have adjusted it and spoken with the company who are very helpful. I am still not satisfied and was looking at the Corbin fairing. It is quite expensive and was wondering if anyone had experience with it or if anyone had any other suggestions. I plan to do a lot of long distance touring and would like not to get my a$$ kicked by the wind. Thanks so much.

What’s a little more money?:laugh:

If you like the fairing buy it. I think you might get some replies from members who have purchased this. I want to see the pictures. Even though the bike is called a GT I never thought it was set up for real distance touring. I’ve got a big Indian Roadmaster for that duty. My Rockets are day bikes. Good hunting.

WELCOME! from Tucson, AZ... I definitely don't see the new R3's as set-up touring machines (especially since they are more of a Speed Triple upgrade with the Rocket name...) You can make them such and get close though. I just rode my HD V-Rod Muscle 1K miles in two days... NOT a touring bike by ANY means.
-MIG

Thanks for all your replies. I will probably just purchase the Corbin fairing but having difficulty pulling the trigger after just ponying up all the cash for the bike. Anybody else have experience with the Corbin faring on the 2020 to 2022 Rocket 3?

I have the Corbin fairing. My bike has been in the shop for about four months now, so I haven't been able to use it much🤷‍♂️. For me, the stock GT fairing works great until about 70mph then I get a lot of buffeting. I bought the Corbin fairing with the shorter screen specifically for touring trips down the highway. I've only used it once to test it out then I put the stock screen back on. It only takes about 20 minutes or so to take on or off, so that's a plus. As for wind protection, I don't have a lot of experience with it but it does the trick for me (I"m 5' 8").

I have the Corbin fairing. My bike has been in the shop for about four months now, so I haven't been able to use it much🤷‍♂️. For me, the stock GT fairing works great until about 70mph then I get a lot of buffeting. I bought the Corbin fairing with the shorter screen specifically for touring trips down the highway. I've only used it once to test it out then I put the stock screen back on. It only takes about 20 minutes or so to take on or off, so that's a plus. As for wind protection, I don't have a lot of experience with it but it does the trick for me (I"m 5' 8").
Thanks for your reply. I’m afraid to ask why your bike has been in the shop for four months. So is your plan to put the Farrington on permanently when you get your bike that?

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_289a.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_289a.jpeg
    218 KB · Views: 171
No, I only plan on using the fairing for long trips. Installation on-and-off is easy enough that I keep the stock fairing for 'round town and save the Corbin for long trips.

Back