2020 Rocket engine guard heat.

7529F34A-C209-4490-895A-3F0B98ED2898.jpeg

FB248BC5-721A-4CD5-B5BD-85607CE8BB2B.jpeg

Decided to step up my heat shield game today. Incredible results. See pics in next post.
What were the stainless steel zip ties for?? Is it related to your heat shield? Thanks for this.

It's getting expensive repairing Gore-Tex riding pants with a hole in them at the right calf of my leg!! Definitely going to give this a try!! Great post!

What were the stainless steel zip ties for?? Is it related to your heat shield? Thanks for this.

It's getting expensive repairing Gore-Tex riding pants with a hole in them at the right calf of my leg!! Definitely going to give this a try!! Great post!
You don't need the stainless zip ties. You would use those if you were wrapping some pipe in an engine bay.

The right side of the engine gets pretty warm during summer riding season, so to cure 90% of the heat I did the following.
Removed the stainless steel heat shields from all 3 headers and lined the insides with exhaust header wrap using silicone gasket sealer as an adhesive.
I cut the heat shield fabric to 1/8 in. smaller than the exact inside dimensions of the shields so u couldnt see the material ..

It works sooooo well, you can actually touch the shields when the engine is very hot, and its just warm to the touch. Triumph engineering, are u listening!!

Sonnie..
Tha

I recently bought the forward controls for my R in black which came with GT shields in black. I liked them but were a little too much so I had a brainwave to try putting both sets on the bike. I like the result.

I just used M5 x 12mm stainless button head screws with a loose stainless nut as a spacer, waiting on torx screws to replace.

Attachments

• 08374AC6-782A-4077-ADE4-DDEA7A5A3A0A.jpeg
    08374AC6-782A-4077-ADE4-DDEA7A5A3A0A.jpeg
    165.2 KB · Views: 72
I recently bought the forward controls for my R in black which came with GT shields in black. I liked them but were a little too much so I had a brainwave to try putting both sets on the bike. I like the result.

I just used M5 x 12mm stainless button head screws with a loose stainless nut as a spacer, waiting on torx screws to replace.
What a great idea. I put Carbon shields on my GT and am waiting for replacements since they have burnt. I am tempted to put the replacements on over the stock shields if they will fit.

That looks great I have some carbon shields might try them over originals were did you put your spacer?

Back