2020 Rocket engine guard heat.

I finally got a set of shields from CarbonFBR - and they are fantastic! Excellent quality, and quite a huge difference in temperature. Rode it in shorts to try out (which was impossible prior), and it was tolerable. That engine is still a firebreather, so you'd want pants, but at least you're not risking blisters anymore.
How are these Carbon shields holding up.? no issues with the heat blasting them.? thinking of pulling the trigger myself.

The right side of the engine gets pretty warm during summer riding season, so to cure 90% of the heat I did the following.
Removed the stainless steel heat shields from all 3 headers and lined the insides with exhaust header wrap using silicone gasket sealer as an adhesive.
I cut the heat shield fabric to 1/8 in. smaller than the exact inside dimensions of the shields so u couldnt see the material ..

It works sooooo well, you can actually touch the shields when the engine is very hot, and its just warm to the touch. Triumph engineering, are u listening!!

Sonnie..
sorry it dont work that well i did it to mine 2 years ago with the same stuff. You cant put you hand on the shields when the engine is hot your living in coocoo land. I have found better stuff than that but still get hot. Ive used coals from a gas fire they can be cut with a hacksaw blade and glued on with the same silicone. i cut then about 4mm thick in pieces and stick them on the inside of the heat shields. this idea came from Allen Millyard he used the same on his 8 ltr Viper bike...

sorry it dont work that well i did it to mine 2 years ago with the same stuff. You cant put you hand on the shields when the engine is hot your living in coocoo land. I have found better stuff than that but still get hot. Ive used coals from a gas fire they can be cut with a hacksaw blade and glued on with the same silicone. i cut then about 4mm thick in pieces and stick them on the inside of the heat shields. this idea came from Allen Millyard he used the same on his 8 ltr Viper bike...
Could you please explain the product you used in a bit more detail perhaps?

This is what I used. Cut it to shape, stick it to the Rocket 3 heat shields, and you're done.

It worked for me. Doesn't eliminate the heat but seriously reduces it. Hope this helps.

OR there will be MORE space for cool air between. ;)

Idea: I put 2x1mm spacer between, and I will test this. ok? 🤔

Attachments

• IMG_2349.jpeg
    IMG_2349.jpeg
    126.4 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_2352.jpeg
    IMG_2352.jpeg
    75.7 KB · Views: 33
I have carbon fiber ones and I gapped them ~2MM or so and they stay a lot cooler. Still obviously going to be hot during a ride, but you can touch them without burning your hairs off immediately.

Back