2020 Rocket 3 TFC details released!

FEB318E2-E150-4589-89B1-D577CBF7B2B6.jpeg
D1E5D356-56A3-4EE3-A8B9-25089D544961.jpeg
Here’s a detail. In spite of it looking pretty cool, it can’t keep up or replace this!

did you say 450bhp?? or was it a typo:roll:
Not a typo - Scot's "Millenium Falcon" is a supercharged Carpenter engine. 450 on the Dyno. It's partly how he knows so much about blowing up clutches/engines/gearboxes. And as he's also a bit on the skinny side - he get's it to go really ruddy fast.

Les iirc achieved 300bhp without the blower. It's the highest I can recall after the Falcon.

I don't understand the thinking of a lot of the guys on here.
For years I happily rode around on my Commando and thought it was a fine machine. I didn't need a modern bike as the Norton was perfectly adequate for my needs. It took me touring into the States reliably and I had a ton of fun.
In 1994 I and some friends went along to see and test ride the new Hinckley Triumphs as the factory caravan was in town. After, as I was heading home I remember laughing to myself as I realised how antiquated my bike really was. Then I thought that 20 years had passed and technology had advanced considerably. I though of 20 years before my Norton and how much better bikes were in terms of performance and reliability than mid 50's bikes. Moving on from the Sprint 20 years and the Rocket appeared. Better in many ways (crappy twin shock rear suspension aside). Now we move on 15 years with the new 2500cc Rocket. This one has some serious goodies on it including a single sided swingarm with proper rising rate suspension and a host of technological advances. After the TFC there will be a 'standard' more affordable version which in all likelyhood will eat our Rockets on a twisty road. Let's not be Luddites. Embrace these advanced beasts, don't live in the past like Harley-Davidson does!

Looks and sounds incredible. Even if I could, I would not pay $30K for any motorcycle . I'm sure all the riider aids and electronic gadgets are great but I don't want any of them enough to pay that premium. I certainly wouldn't give Triumph $30,000 until that thing is been on the road a couple of years.

Maybe I’ll pick up the bike Sonny had ordered?:D:D:D
:thumbsup: If you don't someone else will. I would have one in a heartbeat if I had the money. Despite all the complaining this bike is far superior to the old Rocket and personally I think Triumph have done a top job. Whether it's worth the money comes down to the individual. It will be interesting to see what carries across to the Standard...

Believe the bike is over priced. Seriously have just about given up on looking at new bikes.
If your'e like me Sonny, i too think "that's too bloody dear!" when i'm told of a bike i might be interested in...then i go look at it and swing a leg over and somehow...don't know how...the price isn't as important or infact it's not too dear as it was 10 minutes ago! If you then take it for a ride and it "Fits" you...the smile starts...the boyish excitement builds and you start thinking .."I can afford this!!!...I love this thing!"...next thing you know, your'e signing the papers!

Holy snapping duckpoo!! 25,000 GBP..... 46,000 AUD ... double the price of the Roadster.

29,000 USD..... What was the Roadster in USD???

I bought a mint condition r3 roadster about a month ago. It cost me about $16k aud.
I love the chrome, the paint, the alloy and the cruiser style allows a 50 year old with a bad back to ride easily with my wife on the back.

The new R 3 2.5 is out of my price league but it’s also not a muscle cruiser either. I think Triumph have jumped into a different category with the new rocket. I had a suped up 1200 vmax when I was younger - I dare say it would still kill this big new rocket on the track or the street.

For me the Rocket 3 needs to be a power cruiser with plenty of chrome. A non Harley Fat beast. if You want a mean horsepower crazy beast - get a vmax - good luck putting your wife on it though.

I love my 2010 roadster - it’s a keeper
I’m having a mid life crisis without killing myself or my budget - one that my wife approves of

Never threw a leg over the X. Bought it straight out and rode down to Texas to pick her up. Next Rocket we fly out to new jersey and pick her up. The X will remain as my main ride for every day use. Love it. The next Rocket will be a toy. 260 full blown Carpenter special. Got a 2018 Rocket Roadster about to close the deal on. Gonna have it shipped to New Jersey. Figure when they are done go pick it up and ride home. Next will be a custom paint job from some folks here in Oklahoma that are just a bit north of Tulsa and are known world round as expects. Next will be the suspension. After the fact will have a mean MOTHER FUC#ER. Transmission up grade to be included. Fuc$ the rest.

I bought a mint condition r3 roadster about a month ago. It cost me about $16k aud.
I love the chrome, the paint, the alloy and the cruiser style allows a 50 year old with a bad back to ride easily with my wife on the back.

The new R 3 2.5 is out of my price league but it’s also not a muscle cruiser either. I think Triumph have jumped into a different category with the new rocket. I had a suped up 1200 vmax when I was younger - I dare say it would still kill this big new rocket on the track or the street.

For me the Rocket 3 needs to be a power cruiser with plenty of chrome. A non Harley Fat beast. if You want a mean horsepower crazy beast - get a vmax - good luck putting your wife on it though.

I love my 2010 roadster - it’s a keeper
I’m having a mid life crisis without killing myself or my budget - one that my wife approves of
I’ll get the new one and keep one of the Roadsters (pictured) at 230hp - chrome is not for me tho. Old pic before I had the wheels powder coated.
96A18588-89BB-460D-9F7E-3F933FDD405F.jpeg

Back