brazeagle

.040 Over
Ride
2020 R3 GT
Anyone can explain the benefit (if any) to spend money on a MID CONTROL foot peg kit for the 2020 Rocket 3 GT.
I wonder if that is a deal breaker, as I am between two 2020 R3GT I am looking to purchase, one already has the mid-control kit installed, while the other does not, but, has the luggage rack installed...
I am 5'9 and 190LBS. I travel long distances mostly and I am quite used to foot forward (a bit) since I ride my Harley Road Glide Special.

Would that make a big difference or not.
Thanks to all in advance.
Cheers
LCL

Anyone can explain the benefit (if any) to spend money on a MID CONTROL foot peg kit for the 2020 Rocket 3 GT.
I wonder if that is a deal breaker, as I am between two 2020 R3GT I am looking to purchase, one already has the mid-control kit installed, while the other does not, but, has the luggage rack installed...
I am 5'9 and 190LBS. I travel long distances mostly and I am quite used to foot forward (a bit) since I ride my Harley Road Glide Special

I am riding an old 1999 Road King with a very comfortable Mustang seat for hours.
I am also riding a R3GT - R with an upgraded seat (thicker and a bit wider) and a special belt as my back is very sensitive (I was told 38 years ago that I should be in a wheelchair....).
I am not tall 5’ 8’’. I started last July with R3GT: front foot peg closer to me.
My back was hurting after one hour.
After uggrading the seat, it was better. But still riding with the belt and no more than two hours.
R footpegs were installed one month ago.
Despite colder temperature these dans, I can ride more than two hours, without belt and without pain on my back a day after.

My conclusion: if you are used to HD with front foot peg, keep GT as it is, and ask dealer to adjust the position of the front foot peg to your legs.
But R3 suspension is stiffer than HD one !
If you are not tall and back sensitive, R3 foot pegs are better.

Back