2020 R3 GT rear vibration (50 to 60 mph...ish)

Barzupopsz

Standard Bore
Ride
R3GT
Found my issue on this forum and helped dealer zero in on troubleshooting and replace rear tire and wheel. Tire was most definetly "out of round."

Just wanted to say a big thanks to these two dudes, because the mechanics and service department at my dealer were very standoffish when I was attempting to make them understand my issue:

@Dr.D: Odd Vibration
AND
@Mark Graham: Front tire issue?

Appreciate!

Found my issue on this forum and helped dealer zero in on troubleshooting and replace rear tire and wheel. Tire was most definetly "out of round."

Just wanted to say a big thanks to these two dudes, because the mechanics and service department at my dealer were very standoffish when I was attempting to make them understand my issue:

@Dr.D: Odd Vibration
AND
@Mark Graham: Front tire issue?

Appreciate!
You’re fortunate. I have “ the vibration from hell” going on with my 2020. And I’m no closer to figuring out what it is.

You’re fortunate. I have “ the vibration from hell” going on with my 2020. And I’m no closer to figuring out what it is.
What is the "vibration from hell"? Mine has a weird cadence rumble between 45 and 55 - thinking like OP it may be a balance issue on mine, too.

That said the bike is not a "smooth" rider - she's a mechanical maraca.

What is the "vibration from hell"? Mine has a weird cadence rumble between 45 and 55 - thinking like OP it may be a balance issue on mine, too.

That said the bike is not a "smooth" rider - she's a mechanical maraca.
I had to order special gel filled vibration dampening riding gloves, and Dr Scholl’s gel foot insoles for my boots, or I wouldn’t be able to feel my extremities anymore after about 10 km/‘s down the road. It only get worse with speed. Any speed, any gear. That’s what I define as “ vibration from hell”.

I had to order special gel filled vibration dampening riding gloves, and Dr Scholl’s gel foot insoles for my boots, or I wouldn’t be able to feel my extremities anymore after about 10 km/‘s down the road. It only get worse with speed. Any speed, any gear. That’s what I define as “ vibration from hell”.
I'm at a loss. The dealer rode it and said it's normal and you are buying accessories to deal with the 'vibration from hell'. You are a better person than I as I'm angry just thinking about it not getting resolved. There is no in between on this one. If all is true and once again I believe you 100% then take that Rocket in a demand they fix it. I still don't understand why they won't. If it's as bad at all speeds in all gears all the time then they would have to have felt the vibration. That is unless the bike is fuc*ing with you and is haunted. Please take it and and get this resolved ASAP so I can sleep. Thanks, MM.

I'm at a loss. The dealer rode it and said it's normal and you are buying accessories to deal with the 'vibration from hell'. You are a better person than I as I'm angry just thinking about it not getting resolved. There is no in between on this one. If all is true and once again I believe you 100% then take that Rocket in a demand they fix it. I still don't understand why they won't. If it's as bad at all speeds in all gears all the time then they would have to have felt the vibration. That is unless the bike is fuc*ing with you and is haunted. Please take it and and get this resolved ASAP so I can sleep. Thanks, MM.
Here’s how dealerships work. They don’t make s**t from the sale of a bike. Triumph does. The dealership makes its money from its merchandising, mechanical service maintenance, and repairs paid for by insurers. Dealerships HATE guys like me, with hard to solve, annoying, time consuming problems that cost them valuable shop time. They’ll keep telling you “ everything’s normal”. They’ll keep passing “the buck”. And try to time out your warranty. I bought the 🙄extended warranty, so I have some time left to deal with these F r’s . My bike is in storage for the winter now. I’ll deal with it next spring. Doesn’t stop me from picking ppls brains about it though🙂.

Here’s how dealerships work. They don’t make s**t from the sale of a bike. Triumph does. The dealership makes its money from its merchandising, mechanical service maintenance, and repairs paid for by insurers. Dealerships HATE guys like me, with hard to solve, annoying, time consuming problems that cost them valuable shop time. They’ll keep telling you “ everything’s normal”. They’ll keep passing “the buck”. And try to time out your warranty. I bought the 🙄extended warranty, so I have some time left to deal with these F r’s . My bike is in storage for the winter now. I’ll deal with it next spring. Doesn’t stop me from picking ppls brains about it though🙂.
Also I recently found out from the dealers that Triumph's warranty work is at a much lower rate than non warranty work. They can only bill Triumph for what Triumph tells them to charge themselves (Triumph). This may be why the aren't in any rush to fix yours or any other warranty work. Anyway, good luck and keep us updated on what happens.:thumbsup:

Also I recently found out from the dealers that Triumph's warranty work is at a much lower rate than non warranty work. They can only bill Triumph for what Triumph tells them to charge themselves (Triumph). This may be why the aren't in any rush to fix yours or any other warranty work. Anyway, good luck and keep us updated on what happens.:thumbsup:
Yeah, played the same game for years with TOYOTA. They grifted me on a TUNDRA they knew full well had an impossible to find electrical drain. Timed out my warranty FKing with me. I still own it to this day. It’s a 2008 5.7ltr TUNDRA. It only has 73,000 klm’s on it. That’s 41,000 miles on a 14 year old truck. Know why ? Because I can’t trust the fkn thing. So I hardly ever drive it. I know this dealership grifted me on this bike too. Just don’t know how to prove it. Does anyone know if there’s a non deletion odometer storage file on these Triumph’s that is independent of the 2 trip options? If I can prove this bike had more klm’s on it than the trip said it did when I bought it, I got them lying to me.

Back