2017 Australian Triumph RAT Rally Hahndorf SA 7-9th April

so who is going I might have my arm twisted yet, need a long ride after these Terrorist oh I mean Tourists are gone

so who is going I might have my arm twisted yet, need a long ride after these Terrorist oh I mean Tourists are gone

@HansO Looks like I'm going and will head to Pt Germain near Pt Pirie first and my mate will come down with me for the event in his car. I have yet to check out accommodation or anything else. Possibly depart Canberra 1/2 April and then come down from Pt Germain on the Thurs/Friday 6/7 April. My mate reckons he knows someone to stay with in Mt Barker near Hahndorf and I will probably try and find a cabin/motel nearby Harndorf too.

Hans, if you find something suitable to share or stay nearby each other, that would suit me fine, and i'll have a squiz around for something and share anything I come across too.

Happy to ride across together but you'll probably want to leave closer to the event. But if you feel like a real good ride, and can get the time off we could go via Broken Hill, Peterborough, Wilmington doing some RDU 2017 scouting on the way. Some great little country pubs and local museums etc. There is a great road Horrocks Pass Rd with a scenic Hancock's Lookout down a dirt track with fantastic massive gums and views over the whole Spencer Gulf from Whyalla on the Western side, North to Pt Augusta and down to well South of Pt Pirie. Fantastic on a clear starry night with the lights of Pt Augusta etc ringing the Gulf. Horrocks Pass Rd (B56) joins the main H'way (A1) about 30km North of Pt Germain. I used to go this way to and from Canberra to Darwin 4000+ km in 3 days more than 10 times over the years. Fastest and shortest route I found. Should be no drama for a camp at my mate's place for a few days - nothing flash, he lives in an aircon garage/shed with bathroom/showe/kitchen and caravan inside etc.

The Eastern side of the range has heaps of old stone abandoned farm houses and miles of dry stone walls for paddocks still in use from the 1800's when first settled by whitey's.

Big advantage staying at the event itself at 32 acre Hahndorf Resort where the event is being held:

Plenty of accommodation options if we book early.

The 2x 3 bedroom houses are not available and have been booked by the organisers.

I just booked and paid deposit for the next largest option available, a 3x bedroom, 2x bathroom Lakeside Cottage, 2 nights 7 & 8, leave 9th April - delails below. Any other punters interested in coming in? @Wrecka Bring your missus, I'm not sharing with a snorer like you again! ;):D:rolleyes::whitstling::whitstling::roll::roll::roll:

I've paid $309 deposit with balance due for 2nd night on arrival. if I cancel the booking up to 3 days prior only a $25 fee, less than 3 days I lose $309 deposit. They are flexible on changing numbers of persons etc as long as booking kept.

The 3x bedroom,cottage sleeps up to 8 people. For this weekend, the rate is $209 a night for 2 people + $25 for each extra adult = $309 a night for 6 adults would be comfortable. I'll happily pay $103 per night ($206 total) for me and me mate in the third bedroom with two sets of bunk beds with two other couples in the single Queen bed rooms, one with ensuite and a second bathroom. (I have re-read details below and there MAY only be one ensuite [which @Tedmick has secured now], plus one other bathroom, I'll need to ring PH: 1300 763 836 to confirm, but office closed now).

Reply here as an early booking will get the place.

Lakeview Family Cottage
Lakeview Family Cottage

02header.jpg

Choose from a 2 Bedroom Cottage containing 1 queen bed and 2 sets of bunk beds or a 3 Bedroom Cottage containing 2 queen beds (in separate bedrooms) and 2 sets of bunk beds in a 3rd bedroom.
Both cottages contain a full kitchen, separate lounge room/living area and outdoor setting overlooking the Lake. The 3 Bedroom Cottage boasts 2 bathrooms. Baby pack available for hire on request.
Features
Sleeps 6 (2 bedroom) or 8 (3 bedroom)
Second bedroom with 2 sets of bunk beds
(please note that children under 9 are not allowed to play or sleep on the top bunk)
Ensuite bathroom with shower, bath, toilet and vanity (3 Bedroom Cottage has 2 bathrooms)
Full Kitchen including oven, stove, microwave, kettle, toaster, fridge and dishwasher
Outdoor seating area
Reverse cycle air conditioning
Linen included
Beds have electric blankets (excluding bunk beds)
Dining setting
Flat screen TV
Free Wireless Internet - ask at Reception
Iron and ironing board
Serviced daily
Each Cottage has its own parking
Baby package available for hire (travel cot and linen, change mat, high chair) - bookings necessary
All accommodation is Non-Smoking
Rates (per night)**
From $169 for 2 Bedroom
From $169 for 3 Bedroom
Rate is for 1-2 persons
Extra adult 15+ - $25

Hahndorf Resort - Caravan Park

We welcome caravans, tents, camper trailers, motorhomes, buses and many more at Hahndorf Resort Tourist Park.
Back-In sites are terraced medium sized grass sites or grass with annex pad up to 22ft in length, from $38 per night.
Drive through sites are large terraced grass sites up to 40ft in length, from $42 per night.

Sites include
- power
- water
- sullage
- sites all grassed (some with annex pads)
- please note, we do not offer on-site vans or en-suite sites

Facilities include
- spotless amenities blocks
- disabled access bathroom
- family bathroom with bath
- dump point
- complimentary WIFI for guests
- small children's playground
- complimentary gas BBQs
- outdoor summer pool (unheated)
- complimentary mini golf
- games room
- self service guest laundry (charge applies)
- jumping cushion

Rates (per night)*
Back-In site - from $38
Drive through site - from $42
(Price is for 1- 2 persons)
Extra adult - $10

Last edited:
Booked me tickets and looks like we get a free T-shirt in our size/gender with all the meals etc. for the $200 just have to pay for drinks and accommodation.

Big advantage staying at the event itself at 32 acre Hahndorf Resort where the event is being held:

Plenty of accommodation options if we book early.

The 2x 3 bedroom houses are not available and have been booked by the organisers.

I just booked and paid deposit for the next largest option available, a 3x bedroom, 2x bathroom Lakeside Cottage, 2 nights 7 & 8, leave 9th April - delails below. Any other punters interested in coming in? @Wrecka Bring your missus, I'm not sharing with a snorer like you again! ;):D:rolleyes::whitstling::whitstling::roll::roll::roll:

I've paid $409 deposit with balance due for 2nd night on arrival. if I cancel the booking up to 3 days prior only a $25 fee, less than 3 days I lose $409 deposit. They are flexible on changing numbers of persons etc as long as booking kept.

The 3x bedroom,cottage sleeps up to 8 people. For this weekend rate is $309 a night for 2 people + $25 for each extra adult = $409 for 6 adults would be comfortable. I'll happily pay $137 per night for me and me mate in the third bedroom with two sets of bunk beds with two other couples in the single Queen bed rooms with ensuites.

Reply here as an early booking will get the place.

Lakeview Family Cottage
Lakeview Family Cottage

02header.jpg

Choose from a 2 Bedroom Cottage containing 1 queen bed and 2 sets of bunk beds or a 3 Bedroom Cottage containing 2 queen beds (in separate bedrooms) and 2 sets of bunk beds in a 3rd bedroom.
Both cottages contain a full kitchen, separate lounge room/living area and outdoor setting overlooking the Lake. The 3 Bedroom Cottage boasts 2 bathrooms. Baby pack available for hire on request.
Features
Sleeps 6 (2 bedroom) or 8 (3 bedroom)
Second bedroom with 2 sets of bunk beds
(please note that children under 9 are not allowed to play or sleep on the top bunk)
Ensuite bathroom with shower, bath, toilet and vanity (3 Bedroom Cottage has 2 bathrooms)
Full Kitchen including oven, stove, microwave, kettle, toaster, fridge and dishwasher
Outdoor seating area
Reverse cycle air conditioning
Linen included
Beds have electric blankets (excluding bunk beds)
Dining setting
Flat screen TV
Free Wireless Internet - ask at Reception
Iron and ironing board
Serviced daily
Each Cottage has its own parking
Baby package available for hire (travel cot and linen, change mat, high chair) - bookings necessary
All accommodation is Non-Smoking
Rates (per night)**
From $169 for 2 Bedroom
From $169 for 3 Bedroom
Rate is for 1-2 persons
Extra adult 15+ - $25

Hahndorf Resort - Caravan Park

We welcome caravans, tents, camper trailers, motorhomes, buses and many more at Hahndorf Resort Tourist Park.
Back-In sites are terraced medium sized grass sites or grass with annex pad up to 22ft in length, from $38 per night.
Drive through sites are large terraced grass sites up to 40ft in length, from $42 per night.

Sites include
- power
- water
- sullage
- sites all grassed (some with annex pads)
- please note, we do not offer on-site vans or en-suite sites

Facilities include
- spotless amenities blocks
- disabled access bathroom
- family bathroom with bath
- dump point
- complimentary WIFI for guests
- small children's playground
- complimentary gas BBQs
- outdoor summer pool (unheated)
- complimentary mini golf
- games room
- self service guest laundry (charge applies)
- jumping cushion

Rates (per night)*
Back-In site - from $38
Drive through site - from $42
(Price is for 1- 2 persons)
Extra adult - $10

Hi Ishrub,

As you know I live in Adelaide, but its about an hours ride for me to get to Hahndorf. I'd like to go to the event and would be interested in grabbing one of the rooms with an ensuite ( my missus is interested in going to the event too ). Let me know if still available and I'd like to lock it in if available.

Our place is available too after the event if your looking at staying a few more days in Adelaide.

let me know

cheers,

Mick

Hi Ishrub,

As you know I live in Adelaide, but its about an hours ride for me to get to Hahndorf. I'd like to go to the event and would be interested in grabbing one of the rooms with an ensuite ( my missus is interested in going to the event too ). Let me know if still available and I'd like to lock it in if available.

Our place is available too after the event if your looking at staying a few more days in Adelaide.

let me know

cheers,

Mick

Cheers Mick,

Your in, see ya there, booking name Peter White, PM me your mobile number some time.

On a re-read there may be only one ensuite and one other bathroom, you have scored the ensuite room for being an early bird.

I just checked my Booking Confirmation and I misheard the prices over the phone when posting earlier. I have re-done the sums and edited above but here is the correct pricing.

For this weekend, the rate is $209 a night for 2 people + $25 for each extra adult = $309 a night for 6 adults would be comfortable. I'll happily pay $103 per night ($206 total) for me and me mate in the third bedroom with two sets of bunk beds with two other couples in the single Queen bed rooms, one with ensuite and a second bathroom.

@Tedmick Mick has already got the ensuite room.

Still thinking about it @HansO ? 6 meals (Breakfast Sat/Sun, Lunch Fri/Sat, Dinner Fri/Sat) with the ticket and they must have cake with at least one.

The other Queen bed room for $103 a night is still available for you and Ann in the large Lakeside Cottage with Tedmick/wife and yours truly with a mate.

Looks pretty comfy for a night on the honey/apple sauce. Pics below must be of the 2 b/r cottage as 3rd queenbed room not shown.
They have great bakerys in SA too!

If you like Hans, I'll hold it for you until the end of February to decide - that should still allow plenty of time for someone else to hold their hand up.

IMG_1238.JPG

lfc1.jpg

lfc2.jpg

lfc3.jpg

IMG_1241.JPG

Hi guys, as most of you will know the 2017 Triumph RAT Rally is being held in Hahndorf SA, from Friday 7th to Sunday 9th April.
For those of you that may be thinking of attending I will have bed's, couches and room for swags along with secure under cover parking (not sure at this stage as to how many we can accommodate, numbers will be sorted nearer the date, first in best dressed).
Close to shopping/food outlets, Pub, access to NBN wifi, showers, BBQ, tea/coffee, cooking etc
Located an easy 45 minute ride through the hills to the rally.
Also a nice 30 minute ride to Victor Harbour if you would like to visit Mr Lush
If interested drop me a PM.

See link below for Rally details

2017 Triumph RAT Rally | Triumph Motorcycles
Hey mate, you still gave room at your place?
Also what suburb are you at?
Cheers

Back