Triumph riders in WA 21/9/2019

zimtuff

Nitrous
Ride
2008 Trimuph Rocket
Triumph owners are heading to York WA this weekend for the world record number of Triumphs in one place.
Im fairly sure I will be going. Many are staying overnight, but Im undecided about that.
If anyone wants to meet up NOR, Ill be in. Maybe ride Toodjay-Northam-York. its on at 2.30 but I would want to go earlier and have a look around.
I haven't been around much but I still have the Rocket and still ride regularly.

info here https://www.york.wa.gov.au/events/2019-triumph-bar/2024

Gday Rosco...I'm currently the road with an electrical problem so won't be able to ride...sounds like it will be a pretty good weekend

Getting Rocket Riders together is like herding Cats. I really hope you get some of them together for what looks like a good ride. East Coast RDU this weekend at Iluka, mid north coast NSW among the bushfires.
Maybe we should have a big Rockets Down Under somewhere like Midura Pass or Border town so maybe three of us will show up.

Getting Rocket Riders together is like herding Cats. I really hope you get some of them together for what looks like a good ride. East Coast RDU this weekend at Iluka, mid north coast NSW among the bushfires.
Maybe we should have a big Rockets Down Under somewhere like Midura Pass or Border town so maybe three of us will show up.

Up East of Horrocks Pass from Pt Augusta is a good area, Operating PICHI RICHI Steam Train at Quorn , historic mining and farming settlements galore, and gateway to the fantastic Flinders Ranges. The overlooks the Spencer Gulf of South Australia (the sea is at the RH horizon). There is a very poorly sign posted Hancocks Pass Lookout Rd, just a rutted dirt track off Horrocks Pass Rd but it has suberb 10ft diameter, 200 foot tall gumtrees on top of ridge (behind photographer). I got there once and it was amazing in blazing starlight at 3:00AM after driving non stop from Alice Springs about 1500 km North.

upload_2019-9-18_11-21-3.png

Even side trips to Snowtown for the ghoulish.:(:rolleyes:

Old garage auto museum in Wilmington (or was 20 years ago). Must have been pre internet because it certainly was NOT this one ;):D: Midwest Classics on 66 – Join us to view our wide selection of Classic Cars, American Muscle and Vintage Bikes. We also Buy, Sell & Trade our inventory!

upload_2019-9-18_11-2-1.png

The lookout overlooks the Spencer Gulf of South Australia
Google Maps

upload_2019-9-18_11-3-20.png

Last edited:
Go for a walk in Paterson's Curse.;):D
Probably why they are walking and not riding - Purple sh!t kills horses.

It is highly competitive in pastures, replacing desirable plants without contributing to forage value. Paterson’s curse contains pyrrolizidine alkaloids, which are toxic to livestock, particularly horses, though sheep can graze it for a time.

I think someone better dob that paddock owner in to PIRSA ;):D
Weeds in South Australia - PIRSA

Wilmington | The Friends of the Heysen Trail

upload_2019-9-18_11-35-21.png

Last edited:
Up East of Horrocks Pass from Pt Augusta is a good area, Operating PICHI RICHI Steam Train at Quorn , historic mining and farming settlements galore, and gateway to the fantastic Flinders Ranges. The overlooks the Spencer Gulf of South Australia (the sea is at the RH horizon). There is a very poorly sign posted Hancocks Pass Lookout Rd, just a rutted dirt track off Horrocks Pass Rd but it has suberb 10ft diameter, 200 foot tall gumtrees on top of ridge (behind photographer). I got there once and it was amazing in blazing starlight at 3:00AM after driving non stop from Alice Springs about 1500 km North.

upload_2019-9-18_11-21-3.png

Even side trips to Snowtown for the ghoulish.:(:rolleyes:

Old garage auto museum in Wilmington (or was 20 years ago). Must have been pre internet because it certainly was NOT this one ;):D: Midwest Classics on 66 – Join us to view our wide selection of Classic Cars, American Muscle and Vintage Bikes. We also Buy, Sell & Trade our inventory!

upload_2019-9-18_11-2-1.png

The lookout overlooks the Spencer Gulf of South Australia
Google Maps

upload_2019-9-18_11-3-20.png

Riding Horrocks Pass has been a secret adventure of mine for a few years now. Whenever I've been in or out of Port "o" Gutter I always go up to Wilmington so I can ride the pass.
The last bunch of bikes I rode it with last year messed with my head .... it was easy to run away from a collection Harleys and one Indian but the Ducati Multistrada, Kawasaki H2 and an ex Police Guzzi had me thinking about my mortality as I was throwing the Darkside shod Rocket into corners. That all got better though after Wilmington on the long straits to Peterborough when the Rocket could use its legs. I even drove it last December when Mrs Longrider and I went down to Coffin Bay to eat Oysters ..... she kept reminding me that we were not on the bike - "this is a CRV not a Rocket .... slow down".
It would be good to get a big contingent of Rockets down there .... a beautiful part of OZ to play in ..... the Miners Square (cottages) at Burra are always a great place to stay. They accommodated 100 Black dog riders a couple of years ago on the way to Ayers Rock. Although on that ride we found that there were eight Steves in the Pub that night .... terribly confusing.
The Pub at Snowtown (looking over at the old bank) is another good stop .... gets you thinking and careful who you talk to.

Gday Rosco...I'm currently the road with an electrical problem so won't be able to ride...sounds like it will be a pretty good weekend

Well thats too bad. I was hoping maybe you, Pedro and Keno351 might have seen it.
But Im still a bit sick from the horrible flu I brought back from Vietnam last week, so I will make a decision sat morning.
Many are camping up there and I think the local council are going to open up parks or football oval for extra room.
No doubt I will run into someone I know up there.

Last edited:
Well thats too bad. I was hoping maybe you, Pedro and Keno351 might have seen it.
But Im still a bit sick from the horrible flu I brought back from Vietnam last week, so I will make a decision sat morning.
Many are camping up there and I think the local council are going to open up parks or football oval for extra room.
No doubt I will run into someone I know up there.

Looks like pretty good riding weather this weekend too.

Just to add insult to injury i picked up a roofing nail in the front this morning on yet another trouble-shooting test ride...luckily its due for replacement anyway

Back