Triumph Riders Ride 15 Sept 2019

phar2slo

Living Legend
Ride
2006 classic
Well was time for the monthly ride with the club and the weather had been poor forthe past 5 days with rain.

And Sunday morning was no better but I said that I was going and I did.

Only got a few spots of rain going to the meet up point. 5 riders headed north up the road two more hooked on the back slight detour to collect another 5 riders.

Stop for some people to get gas and collect another rider.

Headed to the Waiau taven again to meet up with some of the Top of the South Island club members who's bikes where. Covered in mud???

Also a few more of the club who where late to the meet up and our detour meant they missed us.

Any way it wasn't long before we found out exactly why the bikes where muddy as it was our turn to ride through the road works bouncing from one pot hole ro the next.

We finally arrived at Kaikoura for a late lunch fill up with gas and a bloody fast trip home.

With a few police out and about we were lucky no-one got speeding tickets.
Screenshot_20190916_153430.png
Three Rockets on the ride. @Tal is still recovering from surgery so missed the ride.
Screenshot_20190916_153448.png
Screenshot_20190916_153507.png
at the pub for lunch.
Screenshot_20190916_153523.png

The view north with snow on the tops above the clouds. Pacific Ocean in the foreground.

Got better mileage this trip 14.76km/l covered about 400kms or 250 miles

Must be those panniers and the crap I carry in them.

Looking forward to next months ride.

Overnight poker run if I go up to MT Cook town ship it will be 900km or 570 miles but up to each rider to decide as not part of the run.

Or not 691 kms or 440 miles.
Screenshot_20190916_160808.png

Last edited:
Looks like a good turnout Chris...The early morning rain may have deterred a few...as you know i havnt ridden since 22nd may when i got cut open...but i will heal soon..i hope!..

Back