Snakeplisken

Snake, I thought you were dead.
Ride
2015 Triumph Rocket III Roadster
So I dropped about 800 KM on my new Rocket 3 and I love the bike. Some of the things I noticed were that changing the gears are definitely a little clunky. Like a car not a bike. I am sitting still in neutral and I have to roll the bike either forward or back a few inches to go into 1st sometimes. However, the bike lives up to its name. Its a rocket. Greatest feeling ever. Absolutely love this bike. Thinking about a flyscreen only (not windshield) just don't think its worth $400 US with the mounting kit. Anyone have one for sale I may be interested. Haven't had anyone on the back as I don't want or have a sissy bar. I figure I will leave the passenger on the road if I bring one. Seat is quite comfortable and position is excellent for someone of my height (6'2") Completely stock on this and I think the two red stripes adds at least 10 HP Handling is way better than I expected. I did put my foot down in some gravel and slid a bit and it was hard to lift it up as it is a heavy bike but it didnt hit the ground. I am also riding with my Superdave/Evel Kenevil Bell Bullitt helmet RSD design attached here.

Happy riding and let me know if someone has a flyscreen.

bell_bullitt_rsd_viva_helmet_white_red_blue_detail.jpg

The red stripes are definately what is helping with the power. You should paint it completely red and you will be the fastest bike on the board. I'm not sure what you mean about clunky shifting but then again I swapped over from a Harley road glide.

So I dropped about 800 KM on my new Rocket 3 and I love the bike. Some of the things I noticed were that changing the gears are definitely a little clunky. Like a car not a bike. I am sitting still in neutral and I have to roll the bike either forward or back a few inches to go into 1st sometimes. However, the bike lives up to its name. Its a rocket. Greatest feeling ever. Absolutely love this bike. Thinking about a flyscreen only (not windshield) just don't think its worth $400 US with the mounting kit. Anyone have one for sale I may be interested. Haven't had anyone on the back as I don't want or have a sissy bar. I figure I will leave the passenger on the road if I bring one. Seat is quite comfortable and position is excellent for someone of my height (6'2") Completely stock on this and I think the two red stripes adds at least 10 HP Handling is way better than I expected. I did put my foot down in some gravel and slid a bit and it was hard to lift it up as it is a heavy bike but it didnt hit the ground. I am also riding with my Superdave/Evel Kenevil Bell Bullitt helmet RSD design attached here.

Glad you likey the Bell Bullitt!
I have the exact same in new condition, size XL with extra shield and cheek pads in original box.
Sell for $300 plus shipping

Yep, shifting is a tad clunky, but it gets better with mileage. Just warming up helps!

Glad your enjoying your new ride! My wife and I both drive Rockets now. Regarding the flyscreen, I also was baffled at the expense. I found a brand new painted flyscreen on eBay ($190) by checking weekly under newly listed .

Also pleased to see you're enjoying your new steed. It is superb. Re the gear changes I've found if you pull the clutch right in and then change gear it's silky smooth whereas you'd normally do the 2 simultaneously.

I'm 6'1" andhave the sports screen. It works a treat and being clear isn't really noticeable.

+1 for the red stripes

I picked my rocket up two days ago and have only put 100 miles on here but my gearbox is exactly the same. I have found that a blip of the throttle helps on downshifts.....I have tried the double clutch to go into first and that helps.

Back