2014 T-Bird Commander Report

Yes it did feel a bit heavy getting it to the vertical, but the Rocket seat is a fair bit taller and that gives a bit more leverage. Very flat torque curve on the Commandeer, you knew where the engine would be in advance,unlike the R3 that has huge surges of power/torque that dies off until you change gears and it starts again.
I can see why HD Australia told dealers they couldn't sell Triumphs and Harleys in the same showroom LOL.

Yes it did feel a bit heavy getting it to the vertical, but the Rocket seat is a fair bit taller and that gives a bit more leverage. Very flat torque curve on the Commandeer, you knew where the engine would be in advance,unlike the R3 that has huge surges of power/torque that dies off until you change gears and it starts again.
I can see why HD Australia told dealers they couldn't sell Triumphs and Harleys in the same showroom LOL.

If you get the change, ride a commander and a RK back to back, ride the Harley first. i like the RK just fine but would buy the Commander over it all day long.

I've ridden both the Commander and LT. Bars come way too far back for my liking and I'll never understand floor boards. WTF with the heel shifter? And don't get me started on the LT's screen.
Nice bikes otherwise but not for me.

I've ridden both the Commander and LT. Bars come way too far back for my liking and I'll never understand floor boards. WTF with the heel shifter? And don't get me started on the LT's screen.
Nice bikes otherwise but not for me.

Yes ,I also found the bars way too back and at an angle a bit like the R3T. But bars are an easy fix and so is the heel shifter. Both of them need to be thrown in a lake. I sometimes wonder if anyone rides these bikes after they build them.
I dont mind the floorboards on my R3 but on the Commander they were just useless decoration. I must get to try a Storm

Yes ,I also found the bars way too back and at an angle a bit like the R3T. But bars are an easy fix and so is the heel shifter. Both of them need to be thrown in a lake. I sometimes wonder if anyone rides these bikes after they build them.
I dont mind the floorboards on my R3 but on the Commander they were just useless decoration. I must get to try a Storm

I could be happy with Storm. They go and handle better than the other 2 and (apart from the seat, which seems to be made of concrete) is a much more comfortable set up - ergonomically speaking.

I'm gonna test ride the Commander tomorrow at the dealers open house, just for sh!ts and giggles.....

Why were / are boards OK on your R3 but not OK on the Commander?

(I have boards (For the first time) on my R3 Classic. Would like to pick up a Commander too ....)

I know the RK has its fans but why would you pay another $9k (Australian pricing) over the Commander?
Indeed !! Why why ??
Answer : To be a tough, cool ‘old skool’ biker, Man’s Man individual, and get to wear that ‘oh so cool’ matte black open face 1/2 helmet; just like every other middle aged over weight HD rider.

That scene makes me want to vomit ..... :-(

I could be happy with Storm. They go and handle better than the other 2 and (apart from the seat, which seems to be made of concrete) is a much more comfortable set up - ergonomically speaking.
Triumph Really want you to buy a gel upgrade seat don’t they ?!
Concrete indeed :-/

Back