fuel economy

Have the mods had an effect on your fuel consumption rate?

don't worry me I think it will depend how you ride but we don't do these mods for fuel economy but i bet if you really tried you could get petty much the same as stock or might even be better as now it has a much more free flowing exhaust and 10 kg light:cool:

Hp etc

Hi guys. I just spoke to Pete to see how he went with his scooter after he took it home. He seems happy so far and told me he posted up this. A few things worth mentioning, the pipes were modified a bit by Reband to fit around the non stock footrest mounts so we may have lost a pony or two up top, but does not seems to have been a biggy. Re TC. The extra 50 hp over exh/tune is not all we were looking at. Peter phoned me and pointed out he was not too worried about power at 5500+ but did want plenty of torque in the middle. I suggested instead of the adding just piston/cams to get 200hp, that I rework the package a little with some porting and slghtly different cam timing to make it grunt early on , we probably lost 5-7hp above 6000 but the riding package is real nice. I did take it for a squirt to run it in of course :). It is one of those bikes which just wants you to ride it more. As with so many bikes ( Ponters included) the little lines on the graph don't show the grin factor when one is not WOT. Cheers Peter and it was good to meet you, cheers Nev

Was just curious Nev ;) .. more homework really . Trying to work out bang for buck options .. come the day I get mine down to you.

Was just curious Nev ;) .. more homework really . Trying to work out bang for buck options .. come the day I get mine down to you.

hey arent you going to be closer to lushie soon?

ya never know mate. could be sooner than you know! something good is bound to happen soon.:)

I ride with some different groups from our area. Most of the time they are smug old guys who think they have "arrived" with their electra glides. I usually have the misses on the back and it tickles my ass every time I wallerp one of the posers, who's riding solo. Even the "Screaming Pigeon" ones can't hang with a mostly stock R3. Not really sure why I would need more power. Well yes I do...........;)
Once a hooligan always a hooligan

Back