2005 rocket with 3k miles on it any mods advise

Also, perhaps bear in mind, you can't polish a turd. I'd make sure it ran before I wiped a single spider web off.
Ya never know...... just sayin
;)

Also, perhaps bear in mind, you can't polish a turd. I'd make sure it ran before I wiped a single spider web off.
Ya never know...... just sayin
;)
Thanks man good advice. I have done the following
Changed all bearings wheels and steering
Remove diff grease shaft
Changed all fluids
New oil and seals front forks
New tyres
And have cleaned all wire connections
I think she will be ok only problem is bloody alarm have to disconnect and loop it as it won’t turn over at the start button

Have to say lads I am no expert by any means I just got stuck in and don’t be afraid to tackle any of them jobs I found there simple enough if you take your time.
Looks like you got all its needed.

It was almost full all that time and there is no rust. Do you still think should pull out pump
The odds of the gas not seperating after so many years is 0%. Before you run any fuel into the injectors you should be certain the pump can deliver the goods at the correct pressure. I'm working on a 98 Trophy with 10K miles on its clock. I've changed every fluid and discovered problems along the way that needed fixed. The last one was the fuel tap selector seal was cut and leaking. This tank has no rust either, so what cut that seal? It's not what you can see, it's what you can't that gets you.

One more point. A bike engine that has sat that long will probably need to be idled for an extended time to ensure enough oil on bearing surfaces before any real load is applied. Give it a "12 minute" tune when you start the engine by letting it idle until the radiator fan kicks on.

Hi man. No don’t have the plug was going to tackle the wires but maybe that’s not a good idea.
I'll PM you the how to turn the alarm's plug into an alarm bypass plug, once and neat same as factory bike with no alarm. Not the kind if info that should be broadcasted though

I'll PM you the how to turn the alarm's plug into an alarm bypass plug, once and neat same as factory bike with no alarm. Not the kind if info that should be broadcasted though
Fair play man that would be great. Thanks.
The odds of the gas not seperating after so many years is 0%. Before you run any fuel into the injectors you should be certain the pump can deliver the goods at the correct pressure. I'm working on a 98 Trophy with 10K miles on its clock. I've changed every fluid and discovered problems along the way that needed fixed. The last one was the fuel tap selector seal was cut and leaking. This tank has no rust either, so what cut that seal? It's not what you can see, it's what you can't that gets you.

One more point. A bike engine that has sat that long will probably need to be idled for an extended time to ensure enough oil on bearing surfaces before any real load is applied. Give it a "12 minute" tune when you start the engine by letting it idle until the radiator fan kicks on.
Probably a silly question but what’s a 12 minute tune

Fair play man that would be great. Thanks.

Probably a silly question but what’s a 12 minute tune
Allow your engine to idle until the radiator fan kicks on. It takes about '12 minutes' for that to occur (depending on ambient conditions). By doing so your oil is up to temperature, your ECM adaptable tables are reset and any flat spots on your bearings have an opportunity to roll out. The fan will maintain engine temps below 210 degrees. Your ECM reset is the 'tune' part of this equation. It adjusts based on reponse from the lamda sensor.

Back