2005 parts compatibility with other years?

Jeff06098

.040 Over
Ride
2005 Triumph Rocket
Does anyone know what years the parts should interchange? On all of the triumph parts sites the years start at 2006 😳
I know there where some changes in 2012-2014 ish time frame?
But should most parts from 06-09 classic also fit an 05?

Yes most. post the parts and ishrub will probably tell you every bike ever made that part will fit. So just be specific but like a rim yes, a brake pad yes, see where im going with this, bearings in wheels yes, needle bearing in pressure plate maybe. And some parts were just updated made better

front axle and seal/spacer diff. i have one of the front seals new if anyone wants it.
all lifter pieces up graded.

Yes most. post the parts and ishrub will probably tell you every bike ever made that part will fit. So just be specific but like a rim yes, a brake pad yes, see where im going with this, bearings in wheels yes, needle bearing in pressure plate maybe. And some parts were just updated made better
Thanks Kevin. I made the assumption internal parts may have been upgraded and would definitely check beforehand with an expert. Right now I’m just looking at new crash bars as the stock ones have stress cracked at the bolt hole on the top mount. I could see nothing different in the image but could find no info saying they’d fit an 05. I ordered them and am hoping for the best. Worst case I get to do a little modding. It is kind of strange that triumph’s own online parts catalog has nothing for the 04 or 05.

Bikebandit.com goes back to 2005.

Once you have the part number you can compare prices on other OEM sites for different years.

The other thing you will need is the last six digits of your engine number.

It is stamped on the right side of the block near where the 3 header pipes join.

Subsequent part upgrade numbers will indicate an up-to engine number and above engine number.

This Wiki site will give you the high level years of the different models. In general most parts are interchangeable within each year range but in some cases parts were improved and you need to check the engine number.

Bikebandit.com goes back to 2005.

Once you have the part number you can compare prices on other OEM sites for different years.

The other thing you will need is the last six digits of your engine number.

It is stamped on the right side of the block near where the 3 header pipes join.

Subsequent part upgrade numbers will indicate an up-to engine number and above engine number.

This Wiki site will give you the high level years of the different models. In general most parts are interchangeable within each year range but in some cases parts were improved and you need to check the engine number.
Thanks for that! Found the part numbers on bike bandit and they match what I ordered. Definitely will be a good resource to verify parts as most of what they have listed for factory parts is unavailable to order through them.

@Jeff06098
For the most part 04-09 mostly the same. Some very small differences in 04-05 as compared to 06-09. 2010-on Roadster saw many changes in body. And yes some parts are the same from 04 to 18. But you just have to cross check to be sure.

I have many body parts from two '05 Rockets. Some of these were take offs from new. Never saw the street and have been in storage since then.
What do you need besides the engine guards ?

Bill.

Back