2.5L Rocket Stroker Engine Kit with 6 Speed Transmission (R&D)

Getting excited about this.

Instead of buying a new GT I am thinking about spending a lot less cash on my Rocket to upgrade the engine with my up-date kit, your 2.5L kit, Lush cams/pistons and ad some high end front suspension cartridges. Now what exhaust could I use ? I have the complete Staintune system off the 2005 basket case, but I think the header is more of a bottleneck then the TORs I have on. TTS has their 50% larger tube header that fits under the stock chrome heat shields. Thinking of using that. comments.
I learned the tts is for like forced air setup you will need big headers and single slip on

Instead of buying a new GT I am thinking about spending a lot less cash on my Rocket to upgrade the engine with my up-date kit, your 2.5L kit, Lush cams/pistons and ad some high end front suspension cartridges. Now what exhaust could I use ? I have the complete Staintune system off the 2005 basket case, but I think the header is more of a bottleneck then the TORs I have on. TTS has their 50% larger tube header that fits under the stock chrome heat shields. Thinking of using that. comments.

I thought you were now a GT rider? did you change your mind?

Sounds like a solid upgrade. With the exhaust, I'm no expert, but I'm sure @Neville Lush and @Paul Bryant can advise.
Nev will know what size system suits his internal goodies.
Sounds like you wish to keep the bike looking as stock as possible?

0A15C952-32FC-4D39-8400-236A0A6215AC.jpeg

Love the GT. But ..... It will cost much less to up-grade my Rocket. With my work being uncertain, I am leery of a $25,000 spend for a new Rocket3. Besides in 5 years there will be other models to choose from and lots of used GT to p/u cheap. I can be patient.
I have to agree with you!!!! And if triumph doesn't finish designing the rear of the bike you still have a two up with luggage bike. The only way a new one would be like that is if your passenger was in a urn so you have room for a backpack. ;)

I have to agree with you!!!! And if triumph doesn't finish designing the rear of the bike you still have a two up with luggage bike. The only way a new one would be like that is if your passenger was in a urn so you have room for a backpack. ;)
So if I get a new R3 my wife can start riding with me again?

Great news guys, the stroker torque is HUGE... so huge it's actually too much for the stock clutch :roll:

First spin in anger last night, and when you give it welly, it's so strong it overwhelms the clutch :)

So a set of upgraded clutch springs will need to be included in the kit also, same as with Carpenter & TTS kits.

(This is 5th...)
upload_2020-2-14_22-48-35.png

also... BIG SHOUT OUT TO MY BOY ERIK @ CARPENTER RACING who has bailed me out

Phoned Erik up this afternoon in a panic, he has a set of their super springs on the way to me to be here Monday :eek:
Which I badly need, we have a date with the dyno next Saturday...

upload_2020-2-14_22-47-16.png

Back