• 100,000 miles

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 150,000 miles

• 200,000 miles

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
46 thousand miles on mine since february 05. Sheesh Dascio, you came out of nowhere and have claimed the Rocket mileage crown......here I thought I might be the first to 100k but it appears that is not going to happen.

I used to live in Yucca Valley. You should mention to the boardees the incredibly nasty crosswind you have to get through on your way down to the 10 freeway through banning pass......that is one screamin venturi effect going on there, no wonder they put all those wind power machines up there. Then there is the 110 degree heat in the summer.......that is one hellacious commute Dascio.......:bch:

Welcome dacio,another former ca. rider for 5 yrs. I was just down the street in Burbank and my commute from Northridge was a cake walk.My Trophy did well in the rain swollen streets on the way to work.Scared myself off the thing,but those hills were a great get away.

Riding in Yucca Valley

Hi Ugarte,

You're so right about the wind. I get down to 40mph, at a 20-30 degree angle or so, and prey there are no huge gusts coming across 29Palms hwy!

I'm dying to get a windshield (freezing cold headwinds) but wonder how everyone likes theirs? Does high crosswinds pull at the windshield?

Once I get my camera out of storage I'll upload a mileage reading to my profile pic.

Does anyone have the official 0 to 60mph time pls?

I know Triumph likes the 'under-stated' prowess of the Rocket, but a 'not-stated' perfomance time seems silly.

Could they at least say "Eats Porches for a light snack" or something?

Could we all come up with some 'performance' slogans for Triumph?

David

Last edited:
0-60

There's probably an official site for recorded speed but several articles I've read said it's in the 2.8 - 3.0 secs. Looks like you'd never have to get out of first gear.

I've got the ClearView GT-25 windshield. Just love it and you can order it with an adjustable vent that opens and closes just above the horizontal chrome brace of your OEM shield. Problem is you have to have the hardware first and then change over to the Clearview. Wind doesn't seem to affect it that much.

Performance Slogans...

Here's my $0.02
  • Bat Out of Hell is any gear on a Rocket III
  • "Warp Speed" Anyone?
  • "I swear I left my fingerprints on the handlebars of a Rocket III"
  • "I swear I left my knee imprints on the tank of a Rocket III"
  • Tool Kit comes with Hand Wipes for the faint-hearted
  • "Once you've tasted flight...you'll never sell your Rocket III" - Leonardo DaVinci

Last edited:
I saw a "T"shirt last fall, I can't get out of my mind Showed a rear view of a rocket and at the bottom "Go ahead" " Light the fuse":flame:

Slogans

Hi Gunshots,

"Showed a rear view of a rocket and at the bottom "Go ahead" " Light the fuse":flame:"

That is Brilliant!!

I have to get me one of those T's.

I did see a T that said "You never meet the nicest people on a Triumph" (they're too fast)

:D

Back