• 100,000 miles

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 150,000 miles

• 200,000 miles

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
To my knowledge, the Continal Europe record is 50'000 miles or 80'000 kilometers in two years of ownership. That's my friend Nomad, a Swiss retiree living in Southern France. Jamie

Just about to roll up 20k since November of 05. 20 mile commute to work. Have 2 kids every other weekend, so that cuts down on my riding quite a bit. I do plan to put 100k on the R3 before I even consider replacing her. Probably take me 5 years or more at my present rate.
I've got the ClearView GT-25 windshield. Just love it and you can order it with an adjustable vent that opens and closes just above the horizontal chrome brace of your OEM shield. Problem is you have to have the hardware first and then change over to the Clearview. Wind doesn't seem to affect it that much.

I replaced my stock Roadster screen with a Clearview tinted version, and I love it. The guy at Clearview guaranteed it not to go hazy on me like the stocker did. He said he had replaced quite a few Triumph shields for just that reason.

Wilbur:

I believe I've stated it elsewhere but, National Cycle molds all the windscreens for Triumph under license from Triumph, LTD. National is not at all consumer friendly when it comes to any defect or problem. I had a cracking problem with the shield on my T100 and National told me to just go buy a new one, from a Dealer of course because I wasn't getting a replacemet from them. I've since gotten a Clearview for that bike.

National makes other windscreens, more generic, like the Slipstreamer that they sell on their website and Dennis Kirk. In my opinion, from my dealings with them, they can go tit's up anytime. I'll send 'em a sympathy card.:D

No, but the EPA will cite you for filling up the local land fill with all the tires it's going to take to get there.:D

Lets see. Under ideal conditions, that would be 10 rears and 6 fronts for 100K at a cost of about $3200.00

or

25 rears and 16 fronts for 250K at a cost of $8200.00.

That's figuring 'em at 200 bucks a throw.

We need to find a way to re-cap the suckers.:D

They don't go to the landfill around here. They get chipped up and burned in power plants.

Back