1340 mile trip this weekend

I have the standard seat on my bike and the numbness doesn't seem to get to bad ,like my longest ride in one day was just short of 1300kms .i would only stop for fuel and coffee ,I usually would leave home just after 2am as to beat the build up of traffic .at that time of night even most of the interstate trucks had pulled up for sleep .i youst to look forward to the sun comming up as some times the nights were a little on the cold side.it didn't matter whether I was heading north to cairns or heading south to batemans bay it was still cold at night.

Corbin rules over Airhawk anyday have both havent used Airhawk since I got Corbin DualTour with inbuilt heater (heat is great for arthritis in hips and help keep circulation in legs going)

I believe the real key to comfort is being able to move your feet to various positions and get your weight off your tail bone. I like to put my feet back on the pillion pegs once in a while for almost instant relief. It would also be good to be able to lift the weight off you backside easily. Been thinking of an easy way to add a couple of small pegs near the back of the peg rails. KildeRough made some - have to think again about copying them.

From time to time on a long haul I just rest my calf muscles on the front pegs ,my feet usually dangle a couple of inches above the ground . I ride like that for ten minutes or so and find that I can travel between fuel stops with out stopping .

I have my highway pegs set so I can rest my toe on them and heel on the rider peg. Gives me 3 good forward positions - plus the rear one on the pillion pegs. Just need to add pegs straight down and I reckon I could ride all day.

Back